Physical Death and Spiritual Death

motherofmichele

10 O how great the goodness of our God, who prepareth a way for our escape from the grasp of this awful monster; yea, that monster, death and hell, which I call the death of the body, and also the death of the spirit.
2 Nephi 9:10

In contemplation of the depth of love from our Heavenly Father by way of the Plan of Salvation, also known as the Plan of Happiness, I am always brought to a place of peace, humility and gratitude to Him for my personal restitution. The Atonement of the Jesus Christ may never be fully understood until we pass through the veil, where there all things will be made known to us. I have relied on the loving act of the Atonement so many times throughout my life. It is through this gift, that we may have a spiritual renewal, and all errors are forgotten and the slate is wiped clean, so to speak.

Spiritual death is the forsaking of the truths and the presence of the Holy Ghost; it is the separation from Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. The saving ordinance of baptism is the first step which brings to any soul the refuge from spiritual death or an awakening of pre-mortal knowledge. Physical death opens the passage way into the world of the spirits but also can be an incomprehensible hell if spiritual death is present. Great love of the Father is exhibited as His ordained teach and instruct the gospel of Jesus Christ to all spirits to free them from physical and spiritual death. Free agency is so honored as each individual is given the choice to accept the truths taught. Even there, the chains of death (spiritual) can be broken, and spirits are freed to move to their exaltation and eternal glories

Having experienced the physical death of a child, even in my deepest moments of sorrow, I have found great mercy from the Lord and blessings beyond number. As painful as it was to witness the deterioration of a beautiful young woman's body, I saw the forming of a spiritual "birthing" within this child of God and daughter of mine. I saw and heard the compassionate love and care of the Father as she was being prepared to pass through the veil. I felt His presence multiple times and His weeping with me. Oh, how great are the tender mercies and love of the Father. How great the gift of the Atonement and the beautiful Plan of Salvation. For this knowledge and witness, I will continually serve Him through this, my mortal life, and into the spirit world.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for allowing me/us to live up to our covenants as Alma explained them at the waters of Mormon:

8 And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;

9 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God,

I am sorry for your loss and rejoice with you in the knowledge of the Resurrection and the Atonement. I know your faith is not misplaced and that you will receive your little one in the morning of the first resurrection.

I have spoken at funerals for the young. It is a tragic loss, and it makes us weep. Only the sure knowledge of the resurrection and the love our Father has for us can make that loss bearable. Please know that we do, indeed, mourn with you, and that our deepest sympathies are yours.

Lehi

Edited by LeSellers