For Byron: what Mormons DO believe

all the groups that criticized you did the same to them.

I doubt that. Most truly anti Mormon groups and sites are ex Mormons who may give a nod to some others they perceive as wack-a-doodle. But the clear majority of their efforts is plain.

The 'Christians' picking on us aren't really the primary voices in my view.

Edited by The Folk Prophet

Hmm.  While the Muslims have a greater total number.  A per capita analysis says we, uhm... win? lose?  Whatever.

I just did another Google search to mimic the table.  It appears that all numbers went up.  The internet is getting bigger.

Yes, it's pretty pointless.  But it is interesting.

Edited by Guest

I doubt that. Most truly anti Mormon groups and sites are ex Mormons who may give a nod to some others they perceive as wack-a-doodle. But the clear majority of their efforts is plain.

I'll give you the that ex-LDS antis probably out-number the JW ones.  However, there is a subgroup of ex-JW that are organized around the singular idea that their former religion offers safe harbor for under-age molestation.  These folks show up at JW conventions.  Another single-subject attack is against their practice of shunning.  These often capture the sympathetic attention of mainstream media.  Given that LDS more than double the JW membership, my always humble outsider view is that the negativity towards your two faiths are at least in the same ballpark.

One more regularly appearing controversy for JWs in the occasional parent who refuses to allow their child a blood transfusion.  Media sometimes will be sympathetic to religious liberty, but usually reports on the frustrated medical staff, and the anguished non-JW friends and loved ones of the child--making them seem ruthless and fanatical.

Edited by prisonchaplain

Church of Christ and Baptists in my town teach their members that Mormons are evil.  Yes, this is in their private schools as well as their sermons.  Not everyday, no.  But, it's mentioned often enough.  But yeah, they don't go in my face telling me I'm evil... but, it's a major reason Romney didn't win my Republican-leaning county.

Church of Christ and Baptists in my town teach their members that Mormons are evil. Yes, this is in their private schools as well as their sermons. Not everyday, no. But, it's mentioned often enough. But yeah, they don't go in my face telling me I'm evil... but, it's a major reason Romney didn't win my Republican-leaning county.

I can second that, I know the Baptists here in my town have on occasion talks about how wrong and cultish the Mormons are. When my wife was considering converting she was invited (by her Aunt) for a chat with their preacher and handed a fat stack of anti-mormon literature along with a signed copy of the NIV of the Holy Bible. I don't think she attended a day of church in her life but suddenly it was important to "save her" from the Mormons. We still have that Bible, I do kind of like how this one demphasises the verse numbering so that it's still there but easy to ignore. Makes the reading flow a bit easier I thought.

Posted · Hidden November 7, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden November 7, 2015 - No reason given

It would seem that the person to whom this was directed gives exactly zero cares. 

Posted · Hidden November 7, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden November 7, 2015 - No reason given

It would seem that the person to whom this was directed gives exactly zero cares.

That's not entirely fair. Lack of participation doesn't mean reading isn't being done.