What are your kids today?

We have:

Me as a scarecrow

One that's too cool for Halloween, and her dad, being themselves. 

One unicorn (consisting of a Pinkie Pie hoodie with mane, and a plastic corn cob as the horn). 

One "evil" fairy (just means she's wearing black, I guess). 

One knight

One kitty

I'm pretty proud of all of them. I told them I wouldn't be buying costumes this year, so they came up with their own with things around the house. Like we used to do. :) I think they've even had more fun. 

My youngest was NOT Harry Potter, as he was last year. Rather, he was just himself -- Vortling V, Hogwarts student -- dressed in his normal, everyday Ravenclaw House robes. He informed several people that he was, in fact, not HP and not even in his same House. Two or three of them even understood what he was saying, which I found pretty impressive.

My 14-year-old daughter was a cowgirl. That girl does not realize how beautiful she is, and her naivete and cluelessness about such things add to her charm. Long blond hair done into two large braids, cowboy boots, the whole schtick. She was adorable.