nasal irrigation

Backroads

So I've had some sort of cold/cough/sinus infection since August. I've been on a few rounds of antibiotics, but with pregnancy I can only take stuff so powerful and nothing is getting me healed. The crunchy side of my friends and the Internet swear by neti pots and the like.

Any experience with nasal irrigation?

So I've had some sort of cold/cough/sinus infection since August. I've been on a few rounds of antibiotics, but with pregnancy I can only take stuff so powerful and nothing is getting me healed. The crunchy side of my friends and the Internet swear by neti pots and the like.

Any experience with nasal irrigation?

If you do use them, make sure to clean and dry the neti pot well.

I use it every night. Helps with sleep apnea. I have never tried neti pot; I just use the plastic squeeze bottle.

My secret is that I add a very small squirt (I would estimate maybe a teaspoon) of hydrogren peroxide per bottle of saline rinse. Roto-rooter for your nasal cavity. Works great. If you get too much, you will have a painful experience, so go easy on the H2O2.

Edited by Vort

I've used the plastic squeeze bottle thing.  I have this:

http://www.amazon.com/Neilmed-Sinus-Rinse-Starter-packets/dp/B000RJGB5C/ref=pd_bxgy_121_img_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0KS5ZCRPMP8WQGW8P9VP

I followed the directions and never had an issue with it. It's uncomfortable (I mean, come on, putting water up your nose and remembering to not breathe through your nose just isn't comfortable). I honestly didn't feel a huge improvement. Perhaps I didn't stick with it long enough. I still use it now and again, usually in the winter when my nasal passages get dry.