Kirby: Pushing A Couple Into The Temple

Maureen

<div class='quotemain'>

Read the article Snow.

M.

Yep - you want me to read the article (which I have - twice) yet you don't want to answer questions.

I have filed a protest with International Cycling Union in Geneva. That'll learn ya.

I'm shaking in me boots.

Honestly, when I first read the article, I overlooked the comment of not paying for the wedding; and concentrated more on the comments about Las Vegas and the Justice of the Peace. The frustrated parental units were hinting that jf it wasn't in the temple, than they weren't interested in attending. That's the mood I got from it.

I think Dror has pretty much stated everything the way I see it.

M. :)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, those were interesting pictures Maureen. I had noticed that the Temples seemed to be more reminiscent of the architecture used by other religions for their buildings, in a way tho, I still like the distinctive modernity of the LDS ward buildings.

In the UK LDS buildings are very conspicous in the US they are kind of run of the mill I guess at least in the Western States I have visited. Ours is an old stage 1 building but has lovely grounds some very old trees

These are the cathedrals in the city I grew up in them - I like them better than the really old ones they dont have that oppresive feeling that tells you bad things happened there

http://www.liverpoolmetrocathedral.org.uk/tour/tour.html

http://www.liverpoolcathedral.org.uk/conte...GreatSpace.aspx

The Wigwam style one is my favourite

Charley

"stage 1 building" ? :dontknow:

Chapel, very small overflow/cultural hall, line of classrooms and offices. Kind of looks like a 'T', with the chapel at the top...

Stage two made it look like an 'I', with more classrooms at the bottom.

I'm not sure about current day layouts. That is from the old, old days. I grew up in a building that was 'stage 1', we raised the budget for 'stage 2' (I think in those days it was 30% of the cost), and also finished it to save cost. 'Stage 3' usually got the bldg to the typical layout, with large cultural hall w/stage, more classrooms, kitchen, expanded chapel, etc. Again, we had to raise the money and do a lot of work to save on costs.

The attached links provides a picture of the LDS Chapel on Whyte Ave in Edmonton - it was built in 1951.

http://www.cormode.com/lds-church-highlands-millcreek/

This is the Church building my friend attended growing up. At that time she was in 1st ward, now I believe they've given the wards names.

M.

<div class='quotemain'>

"stage 1 building" ? :dontknow:

Chapel, very small overflow/cultural hall, line of classrooms and offices. Kind of looks like a 'T', with the chapel at the top...

Stage two made it look like an 'I', with more classrooms at the bottom.

I'm not sure about current day layouts. That is from the old, old days. I grew up in a building that was 'stage 1', we raised the budget for 'stage 2' (I think in those days it was 30% of the cost), and also finished it to save cost. 'Stage 3' usually got the bldg to the typical layout, with large cultural hall w/stage, more classrooms, kitchen, expanded chapel, etc. Again, we had to raise the money and do a lot of work to save on costs.

our stage1 ain't that big lol - we don't have a cultural hall we havea multi purpose room that is chapel, cultural hall and can be 3 classrooms, its linear with a classroom that doubles as family history centre, both branch presidents office and kitchen double as classrooms - we have also just had a porta cabin added to give 2 newclassrooms.

Charley