Million Student March

Capitalist_Oinker

So I don't give Pam a headache I’ll not relate how I really feel about these whining brats, but the story does have some comic relief.

Apparently the irony of demanding "free college" is lost on the associate professor who gets paid to teach at one. An intellectual giant, eh?

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=37340016&nid=148

Now, see, college is a place for dumbness like this.  It's where little sheltered kiddos get their first taste of coming out from under their mamma's aprons, and get to do some things on their own.  It's where they get their first taste of how utterly idiotic some of the crap they believe truly is.  Because they say it out loud, and then get smacked upside the head with the tree of sarcastic smarter people who shame the idiocy out of (most of) them.

I remember it in my college days.  The drunk idiot standing in a pile of empty beer bottles failing to score with his lady interest about how interested in the environment he was.  The angry students protesting the lack of parking, the lack of places to study at the library, the cost of tuition, the unfairness of blood for oil.  The girl who took off her clothes and read poetry on the waterfall statue thing until she got arrested.  The asinine letters to the editor.  All of them, a rough stone rolling down the hill, getting the stupid knocked off of them and some smarts beaten into them through life experiences. 

Except in this case - where the idiots got mad enough that the university started firing the smart people for not catering to their bawling moronity with the proper sensitivity.  

With this post, I hereby begin my years as crotchety old man.  We need another VietNam to thin out the ranks of these weenies. (No, I don't really mean that, but from what I hear, it's a crotchety old man thing to say, and I want to start strong, being only in my mid-40's).

Guest Godless

With this post, I hereby begin my years as crotchety old man.  We need another VietNam to thin out the ranks of these weenies. (No, I don't really mean that, but from what I hear, it's a crotchety old man thing to say, and I want to start strong, being only in my mid-40's).

I'm right there with you. I just turned 30 and I'm already finding myself constantly mad at the youth of today. Terms like "trigger warning" and "safe space" make me want to punch someone very hard in the face. Universities are a place to have your way of thinking challenged and to have meaningful intellectual discourse. These coddled brats need a heavy dose of reality, not more coddling. Universities need to stand by their faculty (where necessary) and make it clear that petty complaints won't put a professor's job in jeopardy. I'm not saying that some students don't have legitimate concerns (I have a hard time completely dismissing the Mizzou situation, for example), but I feel that we're giving too much power to the easily-offended. We'll be doing a great disservice to students if we don't adequately prepare them for the challenges of the real world, where they won't have the support of a student body to voice their grievances. 

I decided to go back to school a few years ago, and happened to see this protest on my university's campus as I walked to class yesterday.  Fortunately, there did not appear to be that many students participating in this little whine fest, and anyone nearby seemed to be ignoring them. 

Although, I think everyone should have at least tried to listen to their message, just to know what stupid looks like.

Edited by Jedi_Nephite

I was watching an interview with the girl who is supposedly the leader in this whole march thing.  I was laughing so hard at the end.  She was a total dip.

I heard the interview if it's the same one you are talking about on the radio ....she was talking about how she thinks wealthy people should pay for school for people like herself. They asked her a question as the interview went forward and several times you heard crickets .....she was way way out there ......and yes , stay off my lawn too.

I heard the interview if it's the same one you are talking about on the radio ....she was talking about how she thinks wealthy people should pay for school for people like herself. They asked her a question as the interview went forward and several times you heard crickets .....she was way way out there ......and yes , stay off my lawn too.

It may have been. The news person was asking her who should pay for it. She said the wealthy.  And yes she was totally way out there.

While I can't really argue that something thinning out such parasites would be a good thing, a war tends to have the opposite effect.  Your best blood goes to war then you're left with a much higher concentration of useless moronic weenies to run things and teach the next generation.  Vietnam is kind of how we got to where we are now.  We sent the good people to die and left the useless to get deferments and become the college professors that are causing these idiots. 

And yes, I became a crotchety old man a couple of years ago.

Edited by kapikui

They are college kids being stupid...  However that doesn't mean the issue of paying for schooling isn't a real one...  Its just that this group offers no real answers

You are mistaken.  As one of our best and brightest suggested --  a 90% tax on the wealthy.  

That should solve the problem, although a 100% taxation rate would even be better!  These are the future leaders of America.

People do not realize that there is ONE job a computer or robot cannot do -- a politician.  They have absolute job security because the computer brain would explode if it had to do what politicians do.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpBiJVvFY_WgEdo8jol8RtBWrqr9jxeb891HA01JXvIQvlHUJ-Rg

Edited by cdowis

You are mistaken.  As one of our best and brightest suggested --  a 90% tax on the wealthy.  

That should solve the problem, although a 100% taxation rate would even be better!  These are the future leaders of America.

People do not realize that there is ONE job a computer or robot cannot do -- a politician.  They have absolute job security because the computer brain would explode if it had to do what politicians do.

How is he mistaken? And how does your response address his point at all?

Obviously, if it was feasible, having higher education available to everyone without the ridiculous costs would be a good thing.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpBiJVvFY_WgEdo8jol8RtBWrqr9jxeb891HA01JXvIQvlHUJ-Rg

I believe you are being sarcastic...

As I said  "Its just that this group offers no real answers"

I believe you are being sarcastic...

I know what I am talking about.  

I lived thru the 60's and they are now our leaders -- Kerry is the poster boy for that era.  As a protester he threw away his military medal away onto the White House lawn.  Later he admitted that he actually still had it -- probably just threw a beer bottle or something.  He made his mark with his fellow protesters when he declared that he was opposed to the Iranian war after he had voted for it.

Anyway, this fellow negotiated the Iran nuclear deal  He admitted that this was the only major negotiation that he had ever done, but it was a great learning experience.  After the Iranians immediately started to break some of the provisions, he was asked about it.  His brilliant response, "I'm not sure what to think."

These protesters have taken up his clarion call, "We aren't sure what to think."

And you think I'm being sarcastic.

Edited by cdowis

The standards of higher education at the liberal-progressive universities has dropped to the point where all you need to graduate is no more than two working brain cells. Even then they make exceptions.

You need to watch the video ,"Modern Educayshun." It's accurate for today's schools.