Do you ever?

Zaq33

When you see something scary/horrifying on a movie or tv and it has a familiar ring? like youve already seen it? or something like it?

Sometimes i wonder if maybe the veil is thin? and ive seen hell, that i might be going, like im already there?

Is it just me?

Not exactly, but I have wondered lately if we're now feeling what the war in Heaven was like. A war of ideas, challenge of faith. . . pain of seeing loved ones choose the other side. I wouldn't call it a de ja vu, but a curiosity.

Guest LiterateParakeet

It's just you.  I suggest that you seek professional help.

Or perhaps the OP is just having trouble putting what he or she wants to say into words.  I think clarification is needed. 

Guest MormonGator

Or perhaps the OP is just having trouble putting what he or she wants to say into words.  I think clarification is needed. 

Yup. Telling someone to seek "professional help" is sort of insulting and a very serious charge. 

Edited by MormonGator

A scary movie is not the authority on what "hell" is really like - it's based on writer's imaginings on the topic. Try to see the film for what it is - a carefully constructed set of edited images and sounds designed to scare us.

If horror films are making you feel so bad as to think you are destined for "hell" - then it seems they are messing with your psyche. A better option might be to stop watching horror films and use your time to view media that will uplift and fill you with hope, laughter and joy. 

uhyea33, I do not believe you are remembering hell, nor seeing glimpses of it through the veil, and these verses in the D&C are why.  You may however be recognizing that the things depicted in these movies are things you do not want - and you don't need to wait any longer to leave them behind. I second what lagarthaaz said - find more uplifting things to watch.

When you see something scary/horrifying on a movie or tv and it has a familiar ring? like youve already seen it? or something like it?

Sometimes i wonder if maybe the veil is thin? and ive seen hell, that i might be going, like im already there?

Is it just me?

Ive had deja vu lots of times. Its nothing to worry about... Altho it can be quite nagging at the moment. And ive had it with movies before.

With me, I've lived through some rather scary / disturbing stuff (I can honestly say that I once skinned myself alive, for starters), and so horror movies don't quite have the impact on me that they should have.

This is rather problematic, since I'm a movie reviewer and so I'm occasionally obligated to watch horror movies.

Nothing has been more scary to me than realizing that our country was at war in Vietnam and that I would be stationed in a combat zone.  That the day was coming when I would look down the sights of my rifle at another human being, pull the trigger and watch a son or daughter of G-d end their mortal probation - then someday stand before my G-d pleading for mercy for me and having to explain to G-d why I chose to end the life of one of his beloved children.

There is no entertainment scarier (or more rewarding) to me than real life