Non LDS newb

Gunner

As the title says, I'm not LDS. I'm also not anti-LDS. My parents converted to the LDS church while I wad away at university completing my bachelor's degree. They converted from agnosticism.

A few years later my little brother converted. I support them all completely. Both parents are still alive and disgustingly still in love. ;-)

I've studied the LDS faith on my own and try to be competent and up to date. Please be patient with me. This is my first LDS forum membership.

About me...I have a B.S. in Political Science with a minor in English from an eastern US university and a M.A. in International Politics with an emphasis in Middle Eastern Politics and conflict. I chose this area because my dad is a Desert Shield and Desert Storm veteran. I teach high school U.S.history and English.

I am a humanist and love it. I love reading and I'm trying to learn a foreign language. I just have to decide which one.

I have a bad swearing habit that I won't share here as well as a bad habit for anything spicy. I also love quirky LDS YSA gatherings.

I am engaged to an LDS guy. And just to avoid conflict, I have NO opinions about recent events. Too many people think I should because I'm gay and engaged to a Mormon and have LDS family but I don't.

Anyway, sorry for the autobiography.

Guest LiterateParakeet

Nice to meet you Gunner!  I'm glad you're here.  I hate writing intros personally, but I appreciate when other people share a bit about themselves, so thanks.  Again, welcome!

Edited by LiterateParakeet

Welcome!

Your intro is quite interesting.  Lots of things perking up my ears.  :D  But I'll let you settle in to the forum and get comfortable before I try to pry some information out of you.  :D

Welcome to the site.

Somehow, I find it funny when I see your Welcome to the site post right next to your frowny gingerbread.  I imagine "Welcome to the site" with the voice of Sadness in Inside Out.  LOL!