Pop Singer Alex Boye Puts African Twist on Christmas Music For Holiday Show in Salt Lake City

purpledarts

Popular Youtube cover artist Alex Boye is coming to Salt Lake City this winter to perform African inspired music combined with Christmas songs for a holiday performance. It’s on Saturday December 12th at 7:30PM at Kingsbury Hall at The University of Utah. Boye is widely know for his Africanized takes on modern day pop songs, which in 2014 led him to win Youtube’s ‘Cover Artist of the Year’. Fellow youtuber Stuart Edge will be Alex’s opener for this amazing show. Tickets are available online or by phone 801-581-7100.

To get more information on Alex Boye, you can check out his Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and official website www.AlexBoye.com.

The only Alex Boye song I've heard is on the Mormon Channel, "Be Still My Soul." I don't think he's any good. He forces everything. Then again, I'm a bit prejudiced. My mom sang with the Los Angeles opera, so I judge most singers by that.

The only Alex Boye song I've heard is on the Mormon Channel, "Be Still My Soul." I don't think he's any good. He forces everything. Then again, I'm a bit prejudiced. My mom sang with the Los Angeles opera, so I judge most singers by that.

I'm an opera buff, and I still think Boye has a beautiful voice. Enjoying opera and enjoying popular music are not mutually exclusive. Recognizing talent in one type of singing does not disallow recognizing it in other types.