Memorable de-friendings

Guest MormonGator

Just one, a friend from high school. 

My favorite quote on high school friends is from The Simpsons, when Bart says that Milhouse is his best friend "out of connivence". I've noticed that in my own life. My friendships as an adult are much, much deeper and more enjoyable than they ever were as a child. I mean no offense at all to those who are still friends with childhood friends, it's my own personal subjective feelings. 

I threw away my high school yearbooks years ago and never looked back. One of the very few intelligent choices in my life. 

That is one of the reasons for my choice of avatar...  I mean if Grumpy Bear isn't fair warning.... what is?

You're not seriously telling me that Grumpy Bear is "grouchy and cantankerous" by the standards of anyone other than the Care Bears?

Grouchy Smurf would be more of a warning!

I threw away my high school yearbooks years ago and never looked back. One of the very few intelligent choices in my life. 

And here I am about to spend a cool $4G to attend my 30th HS Reunion next year.  Hah hah.

We're a graduating class of 80... At least 50 attend the yearly Founder's Day reunion.  The ones that don't attend are usually living abroad and can't manage the trip home.  Interestingly, we've only won the biggest Founder's Day contingent once in the past 30 years.  There are many classes from our High School that have a bigger percentage attendance than we do, if you can imagine that.

My favorite quote on high school friends is from The Simpsons, when Bart says that Milhouse is his best friend "out of connivence". I've noticed that in my own life. My friendships as an adult are much, much deeper and more enjoyable than they ever were as a child. I mean no offense at all to those who are still friends with childhood friends, it's my own personal subjective feelings.

This is a friend from the old neighborhood as well. High school, bleh. My graduating class had 1400 people. There's a FB group for my high school. The yearbook has been useful to put the old faces to the young faces.

Guest MormonGator

And here I am about to spend a cool $4G to attend my 30th HS Reunion next year.  Hah hah.

We're a graduating class of 80... At least 50 attend the yearly Founder's Day reunion.  The ones that don't attend are usually living abroad and can't manage the trip home.  Interestingly, we've only won the biggest Founder's Day contingent once in the past 30 years.  There are many classes from our High School that have a bigger percentage attendance than we do, if you can imagine that.

Choice: having to spend time dealing with rabid anti-LDS people in a sewage pit or going to a HS reunion. 

Hope you have a good time Anatess, and I do mean that seriously. 

Edited by MormonGator

Choice: having to spend time dealing with rabid anti-LDS people in a sewage pit or going to a HS reunion. 

Hope you have a good time Anatess, and I do mean that seriously. 

I attended 2 years ago.  It was awesome, although a bit melancholy because my dad just died.  Several of my High School classmates and teachers attended my dad's wake.  The reunion usually lasts 3 days.  We would meet up at a resort on Friday, attend Founder's Day at school on Saturday, have some fun at the resort, attend Catholic mass on Sunday and go home.  And yes, it's awkward to be the popular kid... and not line up for Communion at mass.  But, that's also the cool thing about being the popular kid - you get to be insulated from being hated on.  Next year is gonna be exciting because a classmate just opened up his very own small resort, so we get to have the place all to ourselves.

Edited by anatess

My uncle recently defriended me, I'm assuming because I was challenging his "spiritual path".  I don't really care what he believes, but his comments frequently included, "I don't believe in (fill in incorrect Mormon belief) anymore."  He kept saying, "You believe you are a body."  I don't know how he could be Mormon for decades and think that's correct.  So share away, but don't tell me what I believe (incorrectly!).  Basically, his beliefs sound like the Matrix.  He took a break from FB and when he came back, he had defriended both me and my sister even though she didn't say anything to him. 

I was also defriended by my cousin's wife when I wouldn't play Mafia Wars with her.  I think she didn't even know I was a relative of her husband.  :D