Happy Thanksgiving!

Guest MormonGator

Happy Thanksgiving :)

My family hasn't always celebrated Thanksgiving but that's due to us not actually being American. As the years progressed, the festivities started feeling more natural to us, and certainly there were times we hit a nice restaurant for good food. But I would say more often than not, when the parentals did Thanksgiving, they planned for it and cooked up a feast.

My little family is keeping things super simple but mainly because I don't want to take my 3 week old newborn anywhere... Too much going around for one! So we're doing home cooked food and other than the pumpkin/pecan pie and stuffing, none of it will be typical Thanksgiving menu.

Happy Thanksgiving :)

My family hasn't always celebrated Thanksgiving but that's due to us not actually being American. As the years progressed, the festivities started feeling more natural to us, and certainly there were times we hit a nice restaurant for good food. But I would say more often than not, when the parentals did Thanksgiving, they planned for it and cooked up a feast.

My little family is keeping things super simple but mainly because I don't want to take my 3 week old newborn anywhere... Too much going around for one! So we're doing home cooked food and other than the pumpkin/pecan pie and stuffing, none of it will be typical Thanksgiving menu.

Congratulations on the birth of your baby.  :)

I decided to post a Thanksgiving thought on Facebook this year.  It's tough, because holidays are difficult for many--especially in my line of ministry.  So, I wanted to list things that did not create jealousy, or sound circumstance-based.  So, I said something like:  I am thankful that I serve the living God.  That His Son rose from the dead.  That the Holy Spirit resides within me.  That I have purpose, and an eternal reward.  And, that his written word is an eternal guide for me. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

My HT came over and asked us all what we were thankful for.  We gave him some good answers (The Savior, Family, etc.)

Then he said, "What if you were told that whatever you were thankful for would be all that you woke up with in the morning?"

I said, "Toilet paper!!!  I can't tell you how thankful I am for toilet paper and indoor plumbing!"  I've roughed it a lot in my life.  And I can make do with very little.  But what just can't be replaced by anything primitive is toilet paper and indoor plumbing.

Edited by Guest

I've got to share the idea for the "Lots of Love salad" that I have with every holiday meal if I can help it.

Most salads start off with a bunch of lettuce, then we cut up toppings for it.  I consider the really good toppings "the love".  Really, no one I know of likes just lettuce or else we'd just eat lettuce with no dressing or toppings.  So, why is it the bulk of the salad?  It isn't even filling.

So I start off with as many of the "Love" toppings that I can.  I personally favor pickled artichoke hearts, olives, and mushrooms. 

When I've gotten as much of the love in the salad bowl as possible, then I fill in the remaining little space at the top with some lettuce and I start mixing.