Special Snowflakes...

Ironhold

A New Jersey woman has been charged with making a false report after she lied about a cop pulling a gun on her during a traffic stop.

What's more, the cop chose to ticket her for a lesser offense (not having a current address on her driver's license) than for what he actually pulled her over for (failure to stop at a stop sign). In other words, the cop in question cut her a break and this was how she repaid the kindness.

A New Jersey woman has been charged with making a false report after she lied about a cop pulling a gun on her during a traffic stop.

What's more, the cop chose to ticket her for a lesser offense (not having a current address on her driver's license) than for what he actually pulled her over for (failure to stop at a stop sign). In other words, the cop in question cut her a break and this was how she repaid the kindness.

That's very common today, what with these people, and I guess it's a good name for them.  Special snowflakes.

Read it as, special dirtbags.

dc

Edited by David13

The Yale prof who proposed that Halloween costumes shouldn't be restricted by political correctness has been forced to resign.

I think it's safe to say at this point that Ivy League diplomas are now officially no longer worth the paper that they're printed on.

A group of special snowflakes are upset over a college building named "Lynch Memorial Hall".

Never mind the fact that Mr. George A. Lynch was a former president of the college...

These children (they have not matured, their chrono-age being an imprecise indicator) have the skin of an amoeba: their entire nervous system is an open sore, a burn that the least contact with the world causes pain. The problem is, that this pain is fake. The whole outrage thing is a lie. And worse, it's a lie they believe or at least they believe in it.

Lehi

Edited by LeSellers

We've gone to page 2 without mentioning the Queen of all Snowflakes... how did that happen?  Let me just correct that here right now...

I had the audio going just now, and my mom asked if the woman in the video was a blonde.

She can't figure out how anyone could be so stupid (her words).

A sorority's fundraiser was declared a "microaggression" because the girls refused to join a protest that was going on.

The protesters were apparently upset because they had purchased all of the candy canes that were for sale, and so believed that this essentially obligated the girls to come join them. Instead, the girls chose to stay where they were in order to continue raising funds.

The student was not stupid. She was foolish, naive, prideful, deceived by liars, and filled with the omniscience of youth. Assuming she breaks away at some point from the brainwashing she gets at college, she will eventually be ashamed of her performance. At some later point, assuming continued humility, she will get away even from the shame and realize she was simply a callow, foolish young woman, and be glad she's past that stage. It might even give her some empathy for other silly people who spout off their foolishness without realizing the depth of their inadequacy. (Which, truth be told, probably includes us all.)

Rachel Dolezal, the woman who lied about her race to the NAACP, is back in the news again. 

In spite of the slew of recorded statements she made in the past about how difficult it was for her as a "black" woman and how afraid she was of whites, she's now saying that race is a construct. 

Yeah. 

All I want to know is....

Who are these kids parents?????

Anatess

I think that is the problem.  They have parents but were 'raised' by the school and the tv, and possibly also the internet.

And their "friends" or "peers".

But it may well be the parents are just the same, after all who was elected president, so they are just chips off the old idiot block.

dc

Edited by David13

No, they were raised by parents who never want their babies disappointed or uncomfortable. I've been married for almost 2 decades and a few of my husband's siblings raised their children this way. No one is ever allowed to correct them or tell them "no". Now they are adults who are miserable and entitled and unable to cope with the real world, with their idealistic but impossible demands.

and the tv, 

it's not the television so much as what's on it. 

For example, a few years ago Larry King did an interview with legendary voice actor Peter Cullen. As Cullen noted, much of the fan mail he received concerning his Optimus Prime character from the 1980s "Transformers" cartoon came from kids for whom Optimus was their father figure; either their real father was gone or they were growing up latch-key. Thanks to Optimus' example, those kids had at least something resembling a positive male figure in their lives for as long as he was featured in the show. 

One such person actually posted to a Transformers fan site I'm on. The example set by the Optimus Prime character eventually led to his decision to enlist in the military, where he was working as a firefighter. 

Anatess

I think that is the problem.  They have parents but were 'raised' by the school and the tv, and possibly also the internet.

And their "friends" or "peers".

But it may well be the parents are just the same, after all who was elected president, so they are just chips off the old idiot block.

dc

Well, it could also be that these kids were raised by the "Flower Children" of the 70's with these flower children's own parents high as a kite on their drug of choice protesting Vietnam having unprotected sex and begetting unwanted flower children... so then they in turn get their own kids and wanted them to grow up in peach and harmony without having to go through their own lonely childhood.

I don't know... just throwing it out there.

And this link is an interesting read on the idea (of tolerance leading to intolerance).

And here's a book that was recommended to me, haven't decided whether to buy it, but it looks good: The Intolerance of Tolerance