Stress management

Mass quantities of coffee...oh wait....that's probably not going to help much, here.  :itwasntme:

Mass quantities of sleep.  Hmmm...better, but hardly fits the "beehive" spirit of diligence.  :.bullhorn:

Mass quantities of chocolate.  :D   Hoop, there it is!!!  :superman: 

I have no problem leaving for tomorrow what overwhelms me today.  When I feel overwhelmed, I sleep.

And I have no problem telling my husband to pick up the slack because I'm needing a refuel (i.e. sleep).  But then my husband is really cool.  He has this really amazing talent to know when I'm feeling overwhelmed before I myself realize it.  The last time this happened, he and my kids wrote on a card thanking me for all kinds of specific things and he left it on my computer for me to find before I started work.  I was getting overwhelmed at work and didn't realize it... my husband noticed that I had this tone of annoyance when I talk about my job.  That card totally turned my job around... all of a sudden my job wasn't so bad anymore.

Usually just getting lost in a good book works quite well for me.

Listening to calming music also works, though I’m quite the fan of silence—it’s such a rare thing.

Playing the piano can also help, and what’s nice about that is you can based it on your mood at the time. You can pound out something dark and vigorous if you’re angry or pull out the Chopin if you want to brood or just play something calming.

The piano is part of what is stressing me. LOL So much music to learn at Christmas! I do enjoy it once I sit to play, though. :)

My husband is even more stressed than I am, right now. Pass the chocolate! 

Guest MormonGator

To me, I deal with stress by saying "It doesn't matter". Sure it seems big now, than there will be an earthquake in India, a Tsunami in Japan, or some horrific plane crash. Perspective my friend. Perspective.  

In addition to all the things everyone has said, I'll add: consistent sleep of the appropriate duration.  I know everyone thinks they don't have time for it, but unless you have an infant or similar situation, you have all the time you're willing to give it; and studies show you're more capable during waking hours if you get regular sleep - so you shouldn't need as much time to do and re-do whatever it is you screwed up cuz you couldn't see straight... :)

I art.

Zentangle.  Its very nature is relaxing.

Ooops, just thought of another - go to the temple.  Nothing wipes out the world quite like the temple.

Cart?

Dart?

Fart?

Hart?

Mart?

Part?

Quart?

Tart?

Wart?

Heh nope - I art.   As in, trying to create something through music, images, or words that convey or evoke emotion.  (They tell me that's the purpose of art, and I believe them.)  

30 years ago in school they tried to teach me, but since everyone would see what I produced, I never let myself try out of fear of being rejected or laughed at.  But now, I go off by myself and attempt to do something related to some feeling or trouble I'm having.  I'm not good at hardly any of it.  It would be cripplingly embarrassing if anyone I actually knew saw any of it.  But I find it tremendously satisfying and quite relaxing.  

(Ok, here.  I made this.)

Edited by NeuroTypical

Unfortunately, food and way too much sleep are my go-tos when I've had it. Therefore, I have a lot of "2015-kicked-my-big-heiney" weight to lose. *sigh*

I should turn to music more. Unfortunately with depression comes that awful ambivalence about things you normally love participating in. It's a battle, to be sure. 

Guest MormonGator

Music usually does it.  Video games distract me too.

Dude. Video games. Music. Dungeons and Dragons. Want to come over for awhile this weekend? 

That is stress management. Party at the swamp. 

Edited by MormonGator

The piano is part of what is stressing me. LOL So much music to learn at Christmas! I do enjoy it once I sit to play, though. :)

My husband is even more stressed than I am, right now. Pass the chocolate! 

I'm sorry. Ugh, i know what that's like. This is such a stressful time of year! In that case you will probably want to give yourself long breaks away from the piano. Soak in a nice warm bath with bubbles if you like and get your honey to give you plenty of back rubs. Then you can give him a back rub too. :)