Cool idea for 2016

pam

I happened to see this on pinterest and I really like the idea.  So I thought I'd share it with you.

Get a jar.  At the end of each day write down on a slip of paper something positive that happened to you that day or a major event in your life that happened on this day.  Make sure to mark the date down on the slip of paper.

On New Year's Eve, take the time to read each of the slips.  

I also thought it would be a great way to assist you in journaling your life and the events that happened during the year,

I happened to see this on pinterest and I really like the idea.  So I thought I'd share it with you.

Get a jar.  At the end of each day write down on a slip of paper something positive that happened to you that day or a major event in your life that happened on this day.  Make sure to mark the date down on the slip of paper.

On New Year's Eve, take the time to read each of the slips.  

I also thought it would be a great way to assist you in journaling your life and the events that happened during the year,

I am one of those who writes in their journal every week. Sometimes more often.

Dear Diary

I feel so lonely.  I long for Utah and it's mountainous beauty.

I don't miss the 40 degree weather, tho'.

I just can't do it.

I think rather than.writing in on slips of paper, it would be better to have a diary or journal to write in.

One of our missionaries would sit in Sacrament meeting and write in his.

I just can't do it.  I tried as a youngster, and I just never could keep with it.  And for security reasons, it could be dangerous (who could get a hold of it, and all that personal information).

Plus, I can't ever forget anything.  I can remember conversations I had as a chld.  Conversations from years ago. 

I know others cannot do that.  Some people are sometimes amazed that I can remember something they said 3 weeks ago.

Or three hours ago.

So I guess I have the journal in my head.  All those notes in my head.  I can go back and review any of them at any time, whether I want to or not.

dc

• 3 weeks later...

I think rather than.writing in on slips of paper, it would be better to have a diary or journal to write in.

One of our missionaries would sit in Sacrament meeting and write in his.

I just can't do it.  I tried as a youngster, and I just never could keep with it.  And for security reasons, it could be dangerous (who could get a hold of it, and all that personal information).

Plus, I can't ever forget anything.  I can remember conversations I had as a chld.  Conversations from years ago. 

Hi David, this suggestion might be of interest to you. I hate writing by hand so for many years I recorded my journal entries using a cassette tape recorder. I still have them in a case in the shed, many of them now more than 20 years old. its much easier than writing. Today, instead of using a cassette recorded, you could use the record function and mic on your computer. And you can keep the whole file password protected so that no one else can view it, so even if they steal your computer your electronic journal will still be safe. A lot of my journal consists of a series of hard drives that I have salvaged from the computers I have used over the years.

As for the idea of keeping it all in your head, well that's not going to be of much interest or benefit to friends or family members who would like to know and understand you better once you are gone.