Bye

cdowis

Guest MormonGator

Sorry you feel this way bro. Thank you for all you do for the church. You will be missed. 

I apologize if I said anything to offend you. Not my intention.  

Edited by MormonGator

Moderators have the option to change the title of threads if the title is inappropriate, misspelled, could be better worded for SEO purposes or are misleading.  Which by your own admission was misleading.

Why is it that some one comes on a forum and are perfectly happy to have someone else foot the bill as they expound and flog their hobby horse (whatever it might be);  But the moment the representative of those paying, the bills, so that the person in question can have that privilege, say "don't do that" suddenly it a huge imposition?

Frankly if you have a problem with a simple thing like honestly stating your intent...  Then yes... Go else where.

Edited by estradling75

I guess I don't know what happened.  Did people get mad about his topic?  I thought all the posts were quite cordial.  I even thought Cdowis' posts were matter-of-fact.  

What happened? Were some "hot" posts deleted or something?  What did I miss?

I guess I don't know what happened. Did people get mad about his topic? I thought all the posts were quite cordial. I even thought Cdowis' posts were matter-of-fact.

What happened? Were some "hot" posts deleted or something? What did I miss?

I too seem to miss the good ones.

Its all there (barring self edits) in the "Can men and women who are not married to each other be friends?" thread.  The only thing that was done was renaming it from the original "What does it mean to "Covet"?"   That is the action he appears to be leaving over.

Off topic but related anecdote.  I made a painting in one of those classes where they teach everyone how to make the same painting.  But they suggested some things to make it unique.  We made a city skyscape.  I added multiple elements that made it unique.

My son, in keeping with his sibling rivalry over turtles slugged me in the shoulder when I pointed out that I made an umbrella look like a turtle.

I said,"So, let me get this straight.  I put an olympic torch on top of a suspension bridge over a crowded city.  I placed a castle on the side of a mountain in the background.  I painted a silhouette of Batman on top of the buildings.  I have giant eyes peering out over the city.  There is a flying kidney bean in place of the moon.  And you're only mad at me because I made an umbrella look vaguely like a turtle?"

Edited by Guest

Let me take this opportunity to thank the Mods for all they do.

I am grateful that I have this place to occupy my time, expand my mind, express my point of view, and discipline my ego, and have it be completely free of charge - well, except for my computer and the internet service.  I know y'all are volunteer workers who take on this responsibility of keeping this place a good environment for everyone even as we like to muck it up.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who contributes to this forum - including you, cdowis - for contributing things that occupy my time, expand my mind, and discipline my ego... among other things.  I do consider a lot of you friends, even if it's just online and I really don't know y'all personally.

May the Lord bless and keep you this Christmas Season and may peace be with you and yours throughout the new year.

Edited by anatess

When I quit using a forum/message board, I don't throw a hissy fit, make a drama queen post and leave in a huff.  I've never understood the need for this behavior.  I may PM a couple of people to tell them I am leaving, otherwise I quietly stop returning to the site. 

I've seen it call a "hairflip", which shouldn't be amusing but it kind of is. I picture someone tossing their locks over their shoulder and storming out with their nose in the air. 

But I also know how it feels to want to be wanted, and to hope you'll be missed. I'm a basket case with no room to judge, really. LOL