Is there a Book of Mormon map or some other kind of visual representation of locations)?

moonman239

I see there are lots of theories as to the geography of the Book of Mormon. My question is, has anyone written out some kind of visual representation of the theoretical locations - relative or absolute - of the places in the Book of Mormon? I think one would be very helpful for study of the Book.

I see there are lots of theories as to the geography of the Book of Mormon. My question is, has anyone written out some kind of visual representation of the theoretical locations - relative or absolute - of the places in the Book of Mormon? I think one would be very helpful for study of the Book.

The answer to the question you asked is "Yes."

There are dozens of them, both "relative" (i.e., with places shown without reference to any known geography, just distances and directions) and "absolute", that is, putting these places onto theoretical locations in the real world.

They're likely available at Deseret Book, or any other primarily LDS bookstore.

I like the presentation in Joseph L. Allen's Exploring the Lands of the Book of Mormon. He includes several others, as well, so you can get a good view of the "competing" theories.

Lehi

Edited by LeSellers

You have stumbled onto a hornet's nest. Lots of people have written books like that, and there's something of a furor over such matters, to the extent that one party calls the other party disbelievers in prophetic words and such. Embarrassing, really.

Guest MormonGator

You have stumbled onto a hornet's nest. Lots of people have written books like that, and there's something of a furor over such matters, to the extent that one party calls the other party disbelievers in prophetic words and such. Embarrassing, really.

I totally agree Vort! Embarrassing completely