Posting a poll...test

Guest LiterateParakeet

Can you poll?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been able to start a Poll? (test poll)

• No, it's impossible! Cursed software *mutters*...
    • Sure, no problem...I'm special. *halo glistens*
    • Never tried...what do you need a poll for anyway....*returns to watching football*

Guest LiterateParakeet

I see the poll manager....but, don't see how to add a poll to start a new topic.

Any resolution to this concern? I appear to be running into the same thing. I can Manage Topic Poll but then nothing after that... Thank you!

Testing...one...two...three...

Guest LiterateParakeet

Okay, here's what I found....I started a new topic.  Then clicked on the "manage poll" that is on the top right...

A new window popped up and I put in my poll options.  Then I clicked the black button on the bottom right "finished".

Here's where it gets confusing....after clicking "finished"....I was returned to a regular "start a thread/post" page.  It appeared that my poll hadn't worked.  But I clicked "post" anyway, and ta da!  The new post/thread appeared WITH the poll.  

So the way to create a poll, is understand that even though you can't see it, it will be there when you push "post"....

At least that was my experience.   :)  Try it . . .  

Edited by LiterateParakeet

Okay, here's what I found....I started a new topic.  Then clicked on the "manage poll" that is on the top right...

A new window popped up and I put in my poll options.  Then I clicked the black button on the bottom right "finished".

Here's where it gets confusing....after clicking "finished"....I was returned to a regular "start a thread/post" page.  It appeared that my poll hadn't worked.  But I clicked "post" anyway, and ta da!  The new post/thread appeared WITH the poll.  

So the way to create a poll, is understand that even though you can't see it, it will be there when you push "post"....

At least that was my experience.   :)  Try it . . .  

Attempted all of these steps like you outlined. I went to the "post", it gave me the your topic heading or something like that needs to be greater than 2 characters long. Did you get this error, or did you have some title already??

P.S. thanks for trying/testing this out too!

Edited by NeedleinA

• 4 weeks later...