Family Anecdotes

My 10 year old came down the stairs crying and lumped on the floor.  My almost 14 year old came down after him with a grumpy look on his face.

I said: "Okay.  Why is he crying?"

"I don't know."

"What did you do?"

"I told him to stop."

"Stop what?"

"I don't know."

"Were you present when you told him to stop?"

"Yes."

(My hands went in the air)  "Well apologize to him."

"For what?"

"I DON'T KNOW!"

8 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

My 10 year old came down the stairs crying and lumped on the floor.  My almost 14 year old came down after him with a grumpy look on his face.

I said: "Okay.  Why is he crying?"

"I don't know."

"What did you do?"

"I told him to stop."

"Stop what?"

"I don't know."

"Were you present when you told him to stop?"

"Yes."

(My hands went in the air)  "Well apologize to him."

"For what?"

"I DON'T KNOW!"

Similarly, we have here proof that Elisha's servant, Gehazi, was a teenager:

25 But he went in, and stood before his master. And Elisha said unto him, Whence comest thou, Gehazi? And he said, Thy servant went no whither.

• 1 year later...

So, my 15yo son (The Bear) was taking driver's ed.  In class the instructor asked everyone to write down the names of three people in their lives that they feel comfortable talking with about drugs and alcohol.  The one condition was that they could not be people their own age.

He then pointed to my son and said,"Because HE doesn't know any more about the world and life than you do."

My son held up the following drawing (his was by hand) and said,"I beg to differ."

kingdoms2.png.0cc71bc79ac53b774162811d6ec43f67.png

• 1 month later...

My 6 y.o. just came to me walking in the manner of a zombie -- pretty good impression.  Then he looked up with those big bright eyes, chubby cheeks, dimples and a sweet smile and asked,

"Daddy, do I look creepy?"

54 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

My 6 y.o. just came to me walking in the manner of a zombie -- pretty good impression.  Then he looked up with those big bright eyes, chubby cheeks, dimples and a sweet smile and asked,

"Daddy, do I look creepy?"

Cute kid, sounds like.

If a face like makes someone creepy, i may have to re-evaluate my aversion to horror movies :).  

• 8 months later...

So, the same kid who did the zombie impression above, came and asked me how to spell "diamond."  I told him.

He proceeded to type it in a paper he was writing in Google Docs.  It highlighted the word.

My son returned to me (he's 7) and said,"Well, CLEARLY, Google doesn't know how to spell 'diamond'."

I looked and found he had switched some letters.  It's nice to know he trusts his father more than Google Docs' spelling dictionary.

• 5 weeks later...

So, my 7 y.o. (Bumble Bee) and I were in the back yard digging and filling a trench.  There were lots of rocks to move around as well.

He began piling up larger rocks into a stack.  I said,"That's an interesting stack of rocks you have there."

"Yeah, it's a rock TOWER," he corrected.  Then he took a particular rock that bore a striking resemblance to an oven mit.  Now, recently, we'd been discussing scriptures about "the hand of the Lord."  So, he placed it on top of the tower and declared,"BEHOLD, the oven mit of the Lord."

:bouncingclap::roflmbo: