Happy Birthday Vort!!

pam

Guest LiterateParakeet

Lol, I forgot about that. I just remembered him talking about German...some conversation about men's bathroom habits and German expressions as I recall. Maybe Vort can explain. :)

“You ought to write ‘A Happy Birthday’ on it.”

That was what I wanted to ask you,” said Pooh.  “Because my spelling is Wobbly.  It’s good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.  Would you write ‘A Happy Birthday’ on it for me?”

…Owl licked the end of his pencil, and wondered how to spell “birthday.”

“Can you read, Pooh?” he asked, a little anxiously.  “There’s a notice about knocking and ringing outside my door, which Christopher Robin wrote.  Could you read it?”

“Christopher Robin told me what it said, and then I could.”

“Well, I’ll tell you what this says, and then you’ll be able to.”

So Owl wrote…and this is what he wrote:

HIPY PAPY BTHUTHDTH THUTHDA 
                        BTHUTHDY.

Pooh looked on admiringly.

“I’m just saying ‘A Happy Birthday,'” said Owl carelessly.

“It’s a nice long one,” said Pooh, very much impressed by it.

“Well, actually, of course, I’m saying ‘A Very Happy Birthday with love from Pooh.’ Naturally it takes a good deal of pencil to say a long thing like that.”

“Oh, I see,” said Pooh.

Happy Birthday.  So, you made it to 45, eh?

I remember turning 45. I remember turning 40 much more, though, when dear Sister Vort decorated our entryway in black streamers and headstones. I told her I would return the favor in a few years from then, but she made it clear that I would definitely not return the favor. So I didn't.

She didn't do anything in particular for my 50th a few years ago, but her 50th is coming up next year, and I'm still thinking she needs some recognition, so...

According to Victor Hugo, 40 is the old age of youth, and 50 is the youth of old age. So I'm still a pretty young old guy.