LDS.net software update

pam

During the night on January 21st, an update will be done to lds.net.  This includes the article side and the forum side.  We're updating to another software. Same company currently being used but a different software.  So the forums will once again look different.  Hopefully not as drastic as the last time.

Due to the update, the site will be down during the night on the 21st.    Once it is back up, you will probably be notified that you need to reset your password/change your password.  

I just wanted to make people aware as far in advance as I could.  I realize the last time we did this there was no notification and the site was down for 3 days.   It's anticipated that the down time will be 6-8 hours.  *fingers crossed*

That's all of the information that I have as of right now.  As I learn more during the coming week, I'll let you all know.

So what works on test server does not work on live server. Very frustrating. We have it restored back and will have IPB support do the upgrade now.

UNICORN SIGHTING!! It's Heather! But is it REALLY Heather? Maybe it's just a horse with a horn glued to its forehead! Who can tell?

Hah Vort! :)

Upgrade Issues:

We are in the queue to have IPB(Invision Power Board) support upgrade the forum. We won't know when this will happen. It will just happen and there will be a message the board is offline.There is a waiting list, but hopefully it will happen the middle of next week.  Until then, the login is going to be a bit weird, as the forums are no longer connected to the main section of the site. So if you are having any problems logging in, please visit this link:

http://lds.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login

We will work on getting a better login showing up in the header tomorrow.

Yes, the password reset email was from us. However, that password will not work until the forums are upgraded. Until then, keep using your old password.

I apologize this upgrade did not go as smoothly as planned, but IPB as assured us that after this upgrade, future upgrades are much easier. (Remind me I said this next year...)

Just to add to what Heather said.  Many of us have been around so long that we haven't had to actually use our password in quite some time and may not know or remember what it is.

I can still manually reset your password.  Just send a message through the Forums Contact button.  That will go into my email.  But you will need to use the link that Heather provided to login once I've reset it.

Just to add to what Heather said.  Many of us have been around so long that we haven't had to actually use our password in quite some time and may not know or remember what it is.

I can still manually reset your password.  Just send a message through the Forums Contact button.  That will go into my email.  But you will need to use the link that Heather provided to login once I've reset it.

Pam, you can't even get on without resetting the password, so how do you propose to reset it???

Following the reset link on the mail, it would not accept my password. But then i went onto lds.net and i were already automatically logged in. So i went into settings to reset password and there it worked. Will it be enough to have changed it on there? Or does it have to go through on the link on the email?

** Oh! Nevermind :D I got an email to write the new password and then it takes me to a lds.net site that looks completely different. So it must have worked.

I cannot log in on that site though, but i assume its just updating.

Edited by Milluw

Pam, you can't even get on without resetting the password, so how do you propose to reset it???

People have been able to use the forum contact without being logged in.  Once I reset the password you will need to use the link that Heather provided.  I get emails all of the time from people unable to log in and I've been able to help them or reset their passwords.

• pam unpinned this topic