Memes and text abbreviations

bytor2112

I am often shocked by the memes I see posted on Facebook.....by fellow saints. Memes that use foul language including the F-bomb?? Also often see posts like OMG or what the F (not the word) etc.

What do you think causes people to post what they likely wouldn't say (I guess)? I can't imagine how someone see's it, read's it and thinks...'' I'll post it without it causing them to think...- highly inappropriate? 

I somehow think this is akin to the ability to not be shocked or think much of our culture as vulgar or debasing. Desensitization.

Edited by bytor2112

I think it's sometimes a way for people to make a statement (something they believe in, even if they'd omit a certain word or two) without having a face to face. I know this sort of thing opens up speculation and discussion all the time on my FB feed.

Frankly, I don't see it as any worse than people who use "replacement words" all the time. After all, if it was about the specific words and not the sentiment behind them, we'd only be prohibited from using Hebrew (Or was it Greek? I'm too lazy to go look up where that came from.) profanity.