Confessions of awkwardness in my youth

bytor2112

When I was a Senior in High School, in my English class the chairs were in a large circle.  The teacher was at the chalkboard at one end of the room and her desk was in the back of the room.  She ran out of chalk and asked me to get her a new piece of chalk. (I was sort of the teacher's pet).  I went to her desk and got the chalk and was walking up to the blackboard from the back of the room.  Since I was in the middle of the chairs all eyes were on me.  I was wearing a long skirt and platform heels.  One of my shoes got caught in the hem of my skirt and I fell, hopefully gracefully, (but most likely like a klutz) to the floor.  I was mortified.  But, I kept my cool.  I just laughed, because I thought if I laugh at myself everyone else will laugh with me, and not be embarrassed for me.  It seemed to work.

Edited by classylady

... One of my shoes got caught in the hem of my skirt and I fell, hopefully gracefully, (but most likely like a klutz) to the floor...

Remember, if you fall with style, then you're flying. :)

I just remembered this after sharing my "can't stop talking" experience in another thread.

When I was in 1st Grade I was given the "Most Talkative" sash (like for beauty pageants) and asked to sit on the teacher's chair.  I was so happy to have "won the award" and be the center of attention for most of the day.  I was waving and glowing like a beauty queen and I was very well-behaved in class and spoke only when I got the nod from the teacher... like a deserving beauty queen.  Until I got home and my Dad gave me a spanking for getting the "award".

I just remembered this after sharing my "can't stop talking" experience in another thread.

When I was in 1st Grade I was given the "Most Talkative" sash (like for beauty pageants) and asked to sit on the teacher's chair.  I was so happy to have "won the award" and be the center of attention for most of the day.  I was waving and glowing like a beauty queen and I was very well-behaved in class and spoke only when I got the nod from the teacher... like a deserving beauty queen.  Until I got home and my Dad gave me a spanking for getting the "award".

In other news, Mrs. Backroads returns from maternity leave with a few minor tweaks to her classroom consequence plan...

In other news, Mrs. Backroads returns from maternity leave with a few minor tweaks to her classroom consequence plan...

Here are more ideas -

I also had to stand on the desk once for the same problem - talking too much.  And I also had to clean the classroom on my non-assigned days.  The classroom is set up with chairs in 5 rows.  Each row get a day of the week to clean the classroom after school - sweeping, mopping, wiping desks, cleaning the blackboard and hallway outside the classroom - there's been many times when I get to join that day's cleaning crew for talking too much.  LOL.

Come to think of it, I've never heard of taking away recess as a punishment.  I would think that would be a punishment for the teacher!  Hah hah.