English spoken in Philippines Temples?

Sunday21

1 hour ago, Sunday21 said:

Has anyone ever visited a temple in the Philippines? I was wondering what the language used is? I looked at the schedule for the Cebu temple, which is written in English, and there is no mention of sessions in any language other than English. 

Given the region and the languages spoken there, I'd guess that there is the "standard" menu of languages via headphones as in so many Temples. English would be one of the options, but only one.

Lehi

56 minutes ago, LeSellers said:

Given the region and the languages spoken there, I'd guess that there is the "standard" menu of languages via headphones as in so many Temples. English would be one of the options, but only one.

Lehi

Thanks Lehi. I was not familiar with the headphone option. I live in a very English speaking area.

12 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

Thanks Lehi. I was not familiar with the headphone option. I live in a very English speaking area.

A bit of history might be useful here:

In the Berne (Zolikoffen) Swiss Temple, there were patrons who spoke so many potential languages that the Brethren needed to find a way to accommodate them. It's how we got the video versions of the Endowment ceremony: the film (back then) could be dubbed in any language, and the patrons wore headphones and selected the language they were most comfortable with (only a few, eight as I recall) were available at any one time, however). The patrons needed to let the Temple know what language they spoke enough in advance to have it on the menu, and I suppose the veil and other more personal interactions required someone who spoke the language, but it worked out very well.

When the newer Temples (since the '70s) were built, they all included multi-lingual facilities.

Lehi

1 hour ago, LeSellers said:

A bit of history might be useful here:

In the Berne (Zolikoffen) Swiss Temple, there were patrons who spoke so many potential languages that the Brethren needed to find a way to accommodate them. It's how we got the video versions of the Endowment ceremony: the film (back then) could be dubbed in any language, and the patrons wore headphones and selected the language they were most comfortable with (only a few, eight as I recall) were available at any one time, however). The patrons needed to let the Temple know what language they spoke enough in advance to have it on the menu, and I suppose the veil and other more personal interactions required someone who spoke the language, but it worked out very well.

When the newer Temples (since the '70s) were built, they all included multi-lingual facilities.

Lehi

Many thanks Lehi!

I've been to the temple in Mexico City and to the temple In Bogota Colombia. In both, the endowment was played in Spanish and I had to use a headset to listen to it in English.  These experiences made me think that that all temples have similar formats.  

In the Atlanta temple, it is English for most of the sessions, but there are two Spanish and one Portuguese session every month.  We also have the headsets available for all sessions..  Now I used to get the headset just to listen to German (my mission language), but a few years ago the policy was changed so that was no longer allowed.