It's that time of year again

As mentioned once before, it's not "Daylight Saving Time" - it's "Daylight Shifty Time" - cuz nothing is saved, but something is definitely shifted.

Further, last Sunday, it was revealed to me that the current DST rules for the US were designed by Satan to try the saints... ;) Stay with me here...

1) DST starts on the second Sunday of March.  On the day DST starts, we go from 01:59:59 to 03:00:00, thus losing one hour, making that Sunday only 23 hours long.

2) DST ends on the first Sunday of November.  On the day DST ends, we go from 01:59:59 back to 01:00:00, thus gaining one hour, making that Sunday 25 hours long.

3) The first Sunday of the month is fast Sunday, when we must go without food for 24 hours (or 2 meals at least) and when we do NOT have to prepare or eat food, thus giving us spare time (and a strong desire for time to move faster).  On every other Sunday, we want time to slow down so we have time to do everything we need to before church.

4) A merciful God would have given us one less hour on one fast Sunday a year, and one extra hour on anything other than fast Sunday.  But no, the DST rules are exactly opposite - forcing us to endure a 25-hour fast once a year, and denying us an extra hour on any other Sunday when it would have been a great blessing.  Clearly, this DST a demonic plan.

:satanflame:

16 minutes ago, zil said:

Further, last Sunday, it was revealed to me that the current DST rules for the US were designed by Satan to try the saints...

... Clearly, this DST a demonic plan.

:satanflame:

zil,

I've prayed about the teachings of the Arizonan.  And I've had a confirmation that his words are true.:pope:

Let us shout praises to Arizona for not observing DST.

Edited by Guest

My satellite tv receiver still hasn't got the message-it tells me that TCM's 'Sawdust And Tinsel' has just started at 1 am, among other things. I hope that this is not a company way of encouraging me to 'update' my older hardware. I was wavering on this. The latest unit may give me more hd channels, but a recent alert*(which my receiver doesn't, uh, 'receive') has alerted me to stick with my old stuff as long as I can.        

*more here: http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/matt-gurney-we-need-a-better-robot-voice-for-amber-alerts

Edited by lonetree

I'm weird, I guess. To me, the light just is and the time on the clock doesn't make it appear or disappear. Maybe I'm just being prepared for living in Alaska someday. My husband often talks about how the light is in the summers or lack of light in the winters. 

8 minutes ago, beefche said:

I'm weird, I guess. To me, the light just is and the time on the clock doesn't make it appear or disappear. Maybe I'm just being prepared for living in Alaska someday. My husband often talks about how the light is in the summers or lack of light in the winters. 

And that's okay.  I just happen to like this time.

I'd really appreciate it if Texas would just declare that we are in the Mountain Time Zone and then just leave the clock alone.  We'd have the benefits of DST while not having to change our clocks.  This would far outweigh the disadvantages (IMO).

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

I'd really appreciate it if Texas would just declare that we are in the Mountain Time Zone and then just leave the clock alone.  We'd have the benefits of DST while not having to change our clocks.  This would far outweigh the disadvantages (IMO).

Um, to have the "benefits" of DST, you'd have to move your timezone east, not west.

(And this is another example of why I detest DShiftyT - no one can keep time straight.)

Edited by zil

2 hours ago, zil said:

Um, to have the "benefits" of DST, you'd have to move your timezone east, not west.

(And this is another example of why I detest DShiftyT - no one can keep time straight.)

But, but, but, it's fall forward... or ...   (kidding).

You're right.  The other way.  Unfortunantely for Texas, that would be even harder to get passed.  Part of Texas is in the Mt time zone.  So, to shift that part over to the Eastern time zone... whatever.

8 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

You're right.  The other way.  Unfortunantely for Texas, that would be even harder to get passed.  Part of Texas is in the Mt time zone.  So, to shift that part over to the Eastern time zone... whatever.

My brother and I think the entire world should just use UTC time and get over the whole timezone thing. :P