Stephenie Meyers - Twilight Series

siouxz72

I don't think they should be sold at church bookstores simply because they're not church books. Just because the author is a member doesn't mean her novels belong in Deseret Book! They have nothing to do with the gospel.

I'm personally not a fan of Twilight, anyway. It's poorly written, the characters are two-dimensional, the plot is practically nonexistent, and everything centers around Bella and Edwards "twu wuv." It's like those cheesy fantasy stories that teenage girls write. Just my opinion, though.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they should be sold at church bookstores simply because they're not church books. Just because the author is a member doesn't mean her novels belong in Deseret Book! They have nothing to do with the gospel.

I'm personally not a fan of Twilight, anyway. It's poorly written, the characters are two-dimensional, the plot is practically nonexistent, and everything centers around Bella and Edwards "twu wuv." It's like those cheesy fantasy stories that teenage girls write. Just my opinion, though.

There are numerous books sold at Deseret that are not Church Books and that have nothing to do with the gospel.

Well, it's getting close. New Moon will be out November 21. Below is a video of Behind the Scenes that shows how they made the wolves.

Yes, I am embarassed that I am posting this, because all the smart people wouldn't be caught dead reading the book, much less going to the movie. But I got hooked. What can I say?

Elphaba

Awesome!

I enjoyed the books, but I won't be going to the theater to see this movie. I saw the first one on DVD and could barely get through it. From what I've seen of the trailers, I'm already not happy about the second film. Maybe I'll watch it on DVD if I hear a lot (and I mean a LOT) of good things about it, but if I hear the same kind of mixed reaction that I did for the first one I probably won't bother.

I'm somewhat more interested in the news that The Host will be made into a movie. I liked that book better.

• 2 months later...

i love all of the twilight books, im pretty much addicted to anything twilight right now, (actually anything vampire lol)

my fave people in the books are edward and jacob, emmet and alice.

bella annoys me so much in the books it makes me mad lol, i will explaine why later :)

I'm rewriting Breaking Dawn. Bella doesn't become vampire. She grows up and stops being such a whiner and an emo. Jacob's influence makes her bright and sunshiny and warm. They get married and they end up living like normal people for the rest of their days. All the vampires kill each other - or they just leave Forks, so Jacob doesn't have to turn werewolf anymore. Edward finds a cure for his sparkly psoriasis condition so he ends up being normal except he stays 17 forever, so he was able to replace Zach Efron in the HS Musical sequels. And everybody lives happily ever after.

• 1 month later...
Guest The_Doctor

I personally hate the warped vampire lore in the series, but I'm more of a Blade vampire fan. Vampires don't glitter, they burst into flames. lol

I didn't like the whole "hard as marble" thing. The baseball scene made me laugh all the way through. It wasn't any better in the movie.

Overall I liked the books, but there were definitely some things that just made me cringe. It's not a series I will read over and over, that's for sure.

well i read all 4 books in about a week a nd 1/2 lol and i have to say i loved them .......

i really enjpyed the reading and the story line and at least it gives girls a lil bit of pride in virtue ( no spolier ) but i have to say even now i am still in team ---jacob ---

• 2 months later...