Growing in the Celestial Kingdom w/o the Adversary

Mountain Man

I have been pondering this topic lately and I thought someone might be able to share some scriptural evidence to shed some light.

We came to Earth in part to receive physical bodies and to learn and grow, correct?  How are we supposed to grow? We grow and learn through our trials (among other things). Because there is opposition in all things, good and evil, there must be evil in order for there to be good. If there was no evil, and no sin, how would we learn and grow? Wasn't that Satan's plan? 

So... how does that translate to the souls who will be in the Celestial Kingdom? How can we grow eternally if there is no evil and no temptation to sin? Will the knowledge we gain here on Earth be enough for us to grow eternally? What will be our challenge in the Celestial Kingdom? What will be our work? And if we have work, will there be laziness? From what I understand, there will be no evil or sin in Heavenly Father's presence.. so how will there be any growth? Will we be "good" or will we just be? 

Will the knowledge of evil and sin of those in the other kingdoms provide us with what we need to grow? 

Important caveat: 1 Corinthians 2:9 "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."

In light of that (which I believe is more than "oh, it's gonna be so great"; rather it's "you cannot imagine"), we know precious little.  Personally, I think there are better things to worry about.  That said, easy question first: What will be our work? To bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.

The rest is speculative, but...  Satan's "plan" was not to remove opposition, it was to remove agency - a whole different matter.  Further, his "plan" was "a [lie] from the beginning".  It never would have worked.  It was a scam.  I suspect he knew that (though he may have convinced himself that if he just knew all that God knew ("give me your power"), he could figure out a better way than the one God proposed).

Regarding opposition, I suspect opposition is an eternal principle, not just something for this Earth, nor just for mortality.  (Moses 4, Genesis 3, etc.: "And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil...")  That God is beyond temptation does not mean opposition doesn't exist, it just means that he's perfect and has made temptation subject to him rather than the other way around.  IMO, all those in the celestial kingdom will be the same, and they will not "arrive" at the celestial kingdom until they have learned everything they need to know (which I think is everything) to be there.  In other words, I think post-mortality will be a whole lot of learning until we have reached the full measure of the glory wherewith we are quickened (or for those in other kingdoms, as much of it as they're willing to reach) - godhood will not be an instantaneous change.

Finally, I don't believe opposition along the lines of "sin" is necessary for growth.  My ignorance and a teacher's knowledge and cooperation between us are enough for me to learn.  Indeed, I think the lack of any opposition ought to make that kind of learning easier.  Some learning is easier through experience, but I suspect none of us will lack the requisite experience (the plan will see to that).

Those are my initial thoughts and some are things I haven't spent much time on, so they're open to change.  And like I started with: it's mostly speculation and we're not equipped to understand the celestial kingdom right now.