Help! I think I have a problem...

zil

I'm so embarrassed to be posting this, but I really need help, and all my family are far away, and I don't think my real life friends would understand.

It all started about 5 months ago.  Mostly I was really bored and looking for something new.  I realize now that I probably should have read a new book, or worked on my own writing, or something, but I wasn't "in the mood" - you know how it is.

"Boredom is a vital problem for the moralist, since at least half the sins of mankind are caused by the fear of it."  -- Bertrand Russell, The Conquest of Happiness

Instead, I went out and made some new friends.  They were fun to hang around with.  We had interesting and funny discussions.  Sometimes it would be clear just how much they liked each other, and of course, the more time I spent with them, the more I wanted them to like me, too (I think this was when things got dangerous - I should have seen it).

It was one of them who offered me my first "dose".  It just felt so good...  Soon others of them were offering me more.  It started out gradually, of course, you know, not every day.  And then before I knew it, I was hooked, trying to figure out how to get more and more, waiting anxiously for my next "hit".

And now I'm finally ready to admit it and get help, but I fear it may be hopeless...

I'm addicted..... to "likes"!

PS: Happy Friday, 01 April 2016! :crackup:

likedapost.jpg

I'm confused, is it NT's Little Pony or Zil's Little Pony?  One thing I'm sure about; it's not My Little Pony

"I can't wait to meet My Mom!"

"She's my mom!"

"That is the thing that I said!"

(Guess how many times my kids have watched that movie.)

home1.jpg

Edited by Eowyn

On 1/4/2016 at 9:18 PM, zil said:

I'm so embarrassed to be posting this, but I really need help, and all my family are far away, and I don't think my real life friends would understand.

It all started about 5 months ago.  Mostly I was really bored and looking for something new.  I realize now that I probably should have read a new book, or worked on my own writing, or something, but I wasn't "in the mood" - you know how it is.

"Boredom is a vital problem for the moralist, since at least half the sins of mankind are caused by the fear of it."  -- Bertrand Russell, The Conquest of Happiness

Instead, I went out and made some new friends.  They were fun to hang around with.  We had interesting and funny discussions.  Sometimes it would be clear just how much they liked each other, and of course, the more time I spent with them, the more I wanted them to like me, too (I think this was when things got dangerous - I should have seen it).

It was one of them who offered me my first "dose".  It just felt so good...  Soon others of them were offering me more.  It started out gradually, of course, you know, not every day.  And then before I knew it, I was hooked, trying to figure out how to get more and more, waiting anxiously for my next "hit".

And now I'm finally ready to admit it and get help, but I fear it may be hopeless...

I'm addicted..... to "likes"!

PS: Happy Friday, 01 April 2016! :crackup:

likedapost.jpg

Even like has it's opposite, almost every emotion has it's mirror imagine. Look into it you might see someone you don't know.