Potty Training issues

Backroads

So, yeah.

I can't get my 3-year-old potty trained.

Now, she's been number 2 trained for months. Until this past week. She has had a poop accident 5 days in a row now.

I'm about ready to give up, except I don't know what that will do.

First: relax. This, too, shall pass. It may take longer than you want, but it will happen.

Second, don't be too quick to change diapers/training pants. Sitting in a wet diaper or a pile of poop is not comfortable, and she'll learn faster to go potty if she has a price to pay.

Third: what happened? Regression typically means that something changed, usually for the worse, and often traumatic. It may not be easy to figure out, and she may not even know herself.

Lehi

Edited by LeSellers

http://www.amazon.com/Toilet-Training-Less-Than-Day/dp/0671693808

I used this for all five of my children. ("I" as in Vort, me, personally.) Worked just great. Would probably have worked even better if I had followed the instructions scrupulously and not taken shortcuts. I very highly recommend it. Available for free at your local library, or for a few bucks through Amazon.

Well, I was dallying about on this website (spring break! whoot!) when I heard the toilet flush. I came in to find bits of poo on her potty and in the sides of the toilet. Makes me feel this weird accident thing isn't pure regression. I offered her a heart sticker for her chart, but she insisted on the giant jewel.

May this one day end.

18 hours ago, Vort said:

http://www.amazon.com/Toilet-Training-Less-Than-Day/dp/0671693808

I used this for all five of my children. ("I" as in Vort, me, personally.) Worked just great. Would probably have worked even better if I had followed the instructions scrupulously and not taken shortcuts. I very highly recommend it. Available for free at your local library, or for a few bucks through Amazon.

I used the same thing!  Took me more than a day but it was fairly easy peasy.  It took a few years (yes, years) for one child to get over peeing while sleeping but the day stuff was a breeze.

Now they're teen-agers, this is potty training in my house:

8720298b9579cc4a1432edd08b0da259.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 4/6/2016 at 4:53 PM, Vort said:

I used this. ("I" as in Vort, me, personally.) Worked just great. 

Gee, Vort, I didn't know you had that problem.  :P

(isn't selective editing a peach?) :rolleyes: