Why is the spirit telling me this?

Hi! 

So a little backstory on myself, about 2.5 months ago I split up with my RM boyfriend. Prior to this we had sort of become unofficially engaged, planning a wedding, honeymoon, even thinking of baby names. We broke up because he had to move home again due to financial reasons and he didn't think he could do a long distance relationship and I couldn't go with him because I'd need a visa , so he's now seeing other people. I on the other hand am not seeing anyone else because I live somewhere where the church is small and the YSA are NOT friendly unless you've known them since you were 5 in my ward, stake and even the neighbouring stakes. 

Ok, so back to explaining the title. 

So after the breakup, I kinda went off the idea of boys in general thinking Heavenly Father had another plan for me. 3/4 weeks ago, i felt the Sprit tell me that what is said in my patriarchal blessing was accurate, I would be getting married in the near future. However I am confused about why I would be feeling this way. I can't see myself getting back with my ex for several reasons, and I have literally no prospects in my local area (it's literally impossible to become friends with someone never mind something more). What am I best to do? I feel prompted to get out and do something about it but I don't know how to. Is there any groups I can join on Facebook? What do I do? I'm so confused :(

If I was in your situation I would start looking at the various LDS dating sites, but there are many others in this forum who are far more familiar than I am with such sites, so I will leave it for them to comment on how good or useful those sites are. But that is where I would first start looking.

Hmmm. Be careful of religious dating sites. con artists see these sites as a way to get access to gullible people. If you use a religious dating site make sure that you are going to the temple often and praying for the gift of discernment. Speaking of temples, a number of women here have met a nice chap at the temple just a thought!

Just have faith your prompting was right, go about doing the right things, and let the Lord take care of the rest.  You were told so when it happens you can be ready.  Just because you aren't in a relationship today doesn't mean that you won't meet somebody and know they are the one tomorrow.  I went from being convinced there wasn't a girl in the church who would be interested in me, to falling in love together with the girl I knew was the one, all in the space of a few hours.

It doesn't have to be the your ex-boyfriend, and to be honest I kind of hope it isn't (unless he really begs you to forgive him for breaking up with you) because it sounds like he is giving up pretty easy compared to what I had to go through. At first my future wife and I lived 100 miles apart, then just as she turned 16 her family moved so they were 1200 miles away, then a year later I was off on my mission on the other side of the Atlantic.  We didn't live in the same city until a couple of months after we were engaged.  Our 27th anniversary will be later this month.

8 hours ago, MormonConvert1996 said:

... 3/4 weeks ago, i felt the Sprit tell me that what is said in my patriarchal blessing was accurate, I would be getting married in the near future. However I am confused about why I would be feeling this way.... I'm so confused :(

Neal A. Maxwell: "The same God that placed that star in a precise orbit millennia before it appeared over Bethlehem in celebration of the birth of the Babe has given at least equal attention to placement of each of us in precise human orbits so that we may, if we will, illuminate the landscape of our individual lives, so that our light may not only lead others but warm them as well." (/That My Family Should Partake/, p. 86)

The Lord knows what he's doing, and who and where you are.  Trust that, and live worthy of the Spirit's guidance.

27 minutes ago, zil said:

Neal A. Maxwell: "The same God that placed that star in a precise orbit millennia before it appeared over Bethlehem in celebration of the birth of the Babe has given at least equal attention to placement of each of us in precise human orbits so that we may, if we will, illuminate the landscape of our individual lives, so that our light may not only lead others but warm them as well." (/That My Family Should Partake/, p. 86)

The Lord knows what he's doing, and who and where you are.  Trust that, and live worthy of the Spirit's guidance.

Fab quote! Did not know this!

On 10/04/2016 at 3:02 AM, MormonConvert1996 said:

Hi! 

So a little backstory on myself, about 2.5 months ago I split up with my RM boyfriend. Prior to this we had sort of become unofficially engaged, planning a wedding, honeymoon, even thinking of baby names. We broke up because he had to move home again due to financial reasons and he didn't think he could do a long distance relationship and I couldn't go with him because I'd need a visa , so he's now seeing other people. I on the other hand am not seeing anyone else because I live somewhere where the church is small and the YSA are NOT friendly unless you've known them since you were 5 in my ward, stake and even the neighbouring stakes. 

Ok, so back to explaining the title. 

So after the breakup, I kinda went off the idea of boys in general thinking Heavenly Father had another plan for me. 3/4 weeks ago, i felt the Sprit tell me that what is said in my patriarchal blessing was accurate, I would be getting married in the near future. However I am confused about why I would be feeling this way. I can't see myself getting back with my ex for several reasons, and I have literally no prospects in my local area (it's literally impossible to become friends with someone never mind something more). What am I best to do? I feel prompted to get out and do something about it but I don't know how to. Is there any groups I can join on Facebook? What do I do? I'm so confused :(

Why do you have to do anything other than what you're doing now.