How do you find Jews in conversation?

Aish HaTorah

I find Jews to be...  

7 members have voted

1. 1. When you speak with Jews, how do you find them?

• Intimidating?
    • Scary?
    • Aproachable?
    • Aloof?
    • Crazy?
    • Unreasonable?
    • Friendly?
    • Open?
    • Considerate?
    • Crazy?

One of my favorite arguing buddies, is an old guy in my ward.  He's a California Jew, converted to Mormonism and moved to Colorado.  He's anti- many things that I am pro- (guns, conservatism, etc).  Absolute level best Old Testament Sunday School teacher ever.  He once put on a ward Passover supper, which he once battled the correlation committee personally to gain their permission.  His talk was fascinating. 

He is very open about liking bacon, it's one of his many reasons why being a member of the church is good.

3 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

He is very open about liking bacon, it's one of his many reasons why being a member of the church is good.

Ohh!!  You just triggered a memory.   In our old house, our next-door neighbors are Jews but I didn't know it at the time.  She invited us over to dinner and I told her I'll bring something.  I felt she wanted to decline it but was too polite to say so but then I thought, nah, that was just my imagination.  So I brought Filipino pork sticks!  That's when I found out they were Jews.  Hah hah.  She was very nice about the faux pas though and asked me if she can put a sign next to the dish that says Filipino Pork Sticks.  Of course I said yes.  That made it easy for her Jewish guests to avoid and the non-Jewish ones to partake. 

Those guys are also smart as all get... I don't think I've met a Jew yet that wasn't smart.

On 7/24/2018 at 4:42 PM, anatess2 said:

Ohh!!  You just triggered a memory.   In our old house, our next-door neighbors are Jews but I didn't know it at the time.  She invited us over to dinner and I told her I'll bring something.  I felt she wanted to decline it but was too polite to say so but then I thought, nah, that was just my imagination.  So I brought Filipino pork sticks!  That's when I found out they were Jews.  Hah hah.  She was very nice about the faux pas though and asked me if she can put a sign next to the dish that says Filipino Pork Sticks.  Of course I said yes.  That made it easy for her Jewish guests to avoid and the non-Jewish ones to partake. 

Those guys are also smart as all get... I don't think I've met a Jew yet that wasn't smart.

I have been attempting to use internet as an Open Door to the world.....

as encouraged in Revelation chapter 3.... and you Latter Day Saints  are also some of the most well read

Christians in the world.  Mormons have often read, The Book of Jasher, The Book of Enoch, the Book of Adam and Eve as well as other 

apocryphal writings..... as well as near death experience accounts. It is so much easier to have a discussion with people who already have a background

to the topic that I want to get into.  

Latter Day Saints......  are a lot like Jews in some important ways..... and you have both gotten a lot of persecution.  

Edited by DennisTate
add a comment....

• 2 weeks later...

I know a lot of Jewish people, grew up around more Jewish then Christians so don't get me started :). Beng a minority works both ways, its hard to be the odd one out. Without shaming and blaming, if you mean how to we find Jewish people open to conversion NOT! Out of the question they don't want to hear it.  They have  been some of the kindest and most wonderful people in my life and some of the most viscious. STRONG feelings to say the least. What I do like about them is you can talk to them, I see them as approachable, I have learned much from Jewish people. You can have differences and still respect. 

They know about Jesus, I think we are in a spiritual war, there is a lot going on in the world today.  That would be NWO and Zionism, Christian Zionism. That might be a better question. How much do you really know about Christian zionism and do you support it as a religion or do you see it as a political movement. Those are HUGE and whats running the world today. I think most people don't undersand zionism, best to read up and learn. 

That is who is making the decisions for our future. along with Mormons and NWO, i could be wrong but if suffering is part of the plan, I get the plan. I support Israell because the bible tells us to as Christians. Does Israel need us meddling, no, will they take our help, of course. Is it a real democracy? umm up for debate, they don't allow you to bring out the BOM and prostize so there is a mutual respect as long as you don't cross the limits,  they are firm on that. 

Edited by inquisitive

On 7/24/2018 at 12:43 PM, NeuroTypical said:

One of my favorite arguing buddies, is an old guy in my ward.  He's a California Jew, converted to Mormonism and moved to Colorado.  He's anti- many things that I am pro- (guns, conservatism, etc).  Absolute level best Old Testament Sunday School teacher ever.  He once put on a ward Passover supper, which he once battled the correlation committee personally to gain their permission.  His talk was fascinating. 

I personally voted "Approachable" but I may be somewhat biased..........

because one of my first major online contacts was Sanhedrin Rabbi Yeshayahu Julius Hollander who is arguably

one of the greatest Ambassadors on earth at this time..........

Also....  my online friend Mordecai Spiro is Breslovian Chassidic Jewish and because I think that his idea of 

us Christians assisting his community to get the remains of Rabbi Nachman of Breslov moved from the Ukraine to somewhere in Israel.......

he and I really hit it off famously.  

I had an awesome experience at the Messianic Jewish congregation in Halifax, N. S..... but...... I know that the scholarship of Mr. Yair Davidiy is

not exactly popular there...... .so I have not returned .... .partly due to it being 150 miles from my home....... and partly due to the fact that I 

don't want to cause division.