Why no Jewish temple?

tesuji

4 hours ago, Aish HaTorah said:

"Let me tell you something that we (Jews) have against Moses. He took us forty years through the desert in order to bring us to the one spot in the Middle East that has no oil."    -Golda Mier

Just sayin'.  :P

Well,

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/10/07/potentially-game-changing-oil-reserves-discovered-in-israel.html

Just sayin';)

On Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 5:06 PM, Carborendum said:

I get the impression that the Jewish faith is as splintered as the Christian faith (even if one doesn't include Mormons in that mix).

You have no idea.  Everything ends up going back to Orthodoxy.  They are always right.  How do we know?  Because they tell us.  *sigh*  There is no wiggle room for interpretation in orthodoxy, and yet, there is all the wiggle room in the world.  It is one big, giant, logical, nonsensical mess.  How did this happen?  To quote Tevya...

You may ask, "How did this tradition get started?" I'll tell you!

. . . .

I don't know. But it's a tradition... and because of our traditions... Every one of us knows who he is and what G-d expects him to do.

The essence of G-d stays the same (well, for the most part.  Reformed Jews can get a little...loose...with their traditions) in Judaism.

It is said that a man once visited a synagogue in a town in which he had traveled for business.  He approached the rabbi and asked, "Rabbi, I see some people in your congregation standing and some sitting.  Some smiling and some frowning.  Some covering their eyes and some davening (Yinglish...from the Yiddish daven meaning to pray).  Everyone is doing something different, it seems.  Tell me, what is your tradition here?"  "THAT is our tradition," replied the rabbi.

Edited by Aish HaTorah

• 1 year later...
On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 10:38 AM, Aish HaTorah said:

To further complicate matters, it is widely believed that there will be not one, but TWO Messiahs.  Mashiach ben David (Messiah, son of David) and Mashiach ben Yosef (Messiah, son of Joseph).  He will be of the line of King David and will institute a season of peace.

It has been more than a year since this tread was last updated.  Since recently returning from Jerusalem I thought to add some understanding given to me while visiting that many do not know that much about.  As close as most Jews come to the temple is the “Western Wall”.  Part of the reason is that the Temple is sacred and so is the ground that the temple sits on.  Only priests (Levites) can enter or stand in certain sacred areas – and since the exact place of such sacred areas are not know; devout Jews are admonished not to visit any closer to the temple mount than the Western Wall.

There are two ancient ordinances that were not performed in the temple – one, which is called the “Red Heifer” sacrifice.  This is an ordinance of purification of priests for officiating in the temple.  Interestingly – this ordinance was performed at a specific place on the mount of Olives.  (It is my personal opinion that this ancient ordinance is spiritually linked to the purification right performed by Jesus during Passover just before his crucifixion).  This ordinance (Red Heifer) would be necessary before any ordinance in our day could be officially done at the temple.  It is my understanding that there is not a Jew alive today with the authority to perform the Red Heifer ordinance.  The Jews I visited and discussed this matter with; wait on G-d to send someone (like Moses) appointed with authority from G-d.  Without the authority to purify priests (Levites) the temple cannot be built nor can any of the ancient sacred ordinances be performed.

I find the idea that one that is of the house of Joseph (Ephraim?) would precede and prepare the way very interesting.

The Traveler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/21/2016 at 5:30 PM, tesuji said:

From what I understand, the temple in Jerusalem has always been very important to Jews. Why haven't they built a temple in modern times?

Am I incorrect to strongly suspect that a Jerusalem Third Temple is needed before Zechariah chapter 14 can come to pass?

On 6/4/2017 at 8:30 PM, Traveler said:

It has been more than a year since this tread was last updated.  Since recently returning from Jerusalem I thought to add some understanding given to me while visiting that many do not know that much about.  As close as most Jews come to the temple is the “Western Wall”.  Part of the reason is that the Temple is sacred and so is the ground that the temple sits on.  Only priests (Levites) can enter or stand in certain sacred areas – and since the exact place of such sacred areas are not know; devout Jews are admonished not to visit any closer to the temple mount than the Western Wall.

There are two ancient ordinances that were not performed in the temple – one, which is called the “Red Heifer” sacrifice.  This is an ordinance of purification of priests for officiating in the temple.  Interestingly – this ordinance was performed at a specific place on the mount of Olives.  (It is my personal opinion that this ancient ordinance is spiritually linked to the purification right performed by Jesus during Passover just before his crucifixion).  This ordinance (Red Heifer) would be necessary before any ordinance in our day could be officially done at the temple.  It is my understanding that there is not a Jew alive today with the authority to perform the Red Heifer ordinance.  The Jews I visited and discussed this matter with; wait on G-d to send someone (like Moses) appointed with authority from G-d.  Without the authority to purify priests (Levites) the temple cannot be built nor can any of the ancient sacred ordinances be performed.

I find the idea that one that is of the house of Joseph (Ephraim?) would precede and prepare the way very interesting.

The Traveler

Yes..... the idea of Moshiach ben Yosef / Ephrayim playing a role in the rebuilding of the Bet Ha Mikdash/ the Jerusalem Third Temple.......is intriguing indeed!

On 4/21/2016 at 5:34 PM, Just_A_Guy said:

The Muslim Dome of the Rock, built around the 7th century A.D., occupies the exact site of the ancient temple.  Razing that structure to build the temple would cause World War III.

But, there is a Jewish group called the Temple Institute that has prepared implements (priestly robes, tables, menorahs, etc) for use in a new temple.  You can see their website, and pictures of the implements, here.

Actually..... a powerful case can be presented that the Second Temple was probably near the Gihon Spring......

which means that there is all kinds of room on the Temple Mount for The Al Aqsa Mosque, the Dome of the Rock.....

AND... the Jerusalem Third Temple.  

On 4/21/2016 at 6:11 PM, tesuji said:

OK, buy why not build a temple in other places? And, can there be more than one, rather just one place in the world?

Good question...... one writer Aryeh B. Menashe has drawn up plans for a Ezekiel 40 style temple that would in fact be centered

in an Israeli national park outside Jerusalem. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Red Heifer sacrifice has to be done by a high priest, who must be a descendant of Aaron. Believe me, the affected families still know who they are. (my son-in-law's male line is kohanim, high priesthood members) Moreover, DNA testing has isolated a Kohanim specific DNA sequence. 

The red heifer itself is the more difficult hurdle. They thought they had one recently, but it developed disqualifying white hairs in its coat.

33 minutes ago, cathyyg said:

The Red Heifer sacrifice has to be done by a high priest, who must be a descendant of Aaron. Believe me, the affected families still know who they are. (my son-in-law's male line is kohanim, high priesthood members) Moreover, DNA testing has isolated a Kohanim specific DNA sequence. 

The red heifer itself is the more difficult hurdle. They thought they had one recently, but it developed disqualifying white hairs in its coat.

I strongly suspect that G-d has big plans for near death experiencer Rabbi Alon Anava.  

It cannot be pure coincidence that he had his profound NDE on Passover?!

Many near death experiencers become astonishingly sensitive to the Ruach ha Kodesh after their brush with death. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/21/2016 at 5:30 PM, tesuji said:

From what I understand, the temple in Jerusalem has always been very important to Jews. Why haven't they built a temple in modern times?

A few months ago I ran into an exceptionally informative web page on plans for the Ezekiel 40 - 48 temple complex that would be centred in an Israeli national park well outside of Jerusalem.  

https://galgal.dreamwidth.org/tag/third+temple

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/ezekiels-temple-why-are-we-still-not-building.8007616/

Ezekiel's Temple, the Third Temple:

112804.png

60533.png

42245.png

19181.jpg

2038.png
7165.png
4948.jpg

31°28'58"N  35°14'37"E

This place is located in the Judean Desert, about 30 km south of Jerusalem, between Ein Gedi and Hebron.

The southern slope of the mountain, as it is written in the book of Ezekiel.

8389.jpg

It looks like the ruins of an ancient altar. Altar of Abraham, the land of Moriah, Jehovah Jireh?

5195.jpg

8984.jpg

It seems to me that the Temple is described in the book of the prophet Ezekiel quite clearly, so that it could be built. Can someone think that unbelievers will be able to build this Temple? Someone is waiting for this Temple to be built by the government of Israel, or the US government? Or are there those who hope that representatives of orthodox Judaism will be able to build the Third Temple, those who do not believe in Messiah Yeshua will be able to build the Temple of Messiah Yeshua?

If this Temple is to be built by us, Messianic Jews and Christians, then why are we engaged in any other business except the most important???

Posted on 11/07/2017
Now you can download the 3D model of the Temple with 3dwarehouse.sketchup.com, there is also a 3D view in the browser.

[MEDIA=youtube]M0r0dx4iVFY[/MEDIA]
Edited by DennisTate
add comment and images....

I have to wonder if the case for their being perhaps two Arks of the Covenant could perhaps fit with the possibility of both an Ezekiel Temple Complex and another one on the Temple Mount?

It may be easier to organize the Ezekiel one first.... and the Temple Mount one later.....?

In a September 1935, article in the National Geographic magazine, L. Roberts recorded his interviews with various priests in different parts of Ethiopia who consistently told the same story. They recounted that the Queen of Sheba had visited King Solomon and had had "a child", Menelik I. Solomon educated the lad in Jerusalem until he was nineteen years old. The boy then returned to Ethiopia with a large group of Jews, taking with him the true Ark of the Covenant.
The Ethiopian official national epic known as the Glory of the Kings (Kebra-Nagasi) contains an amazing story which offers an explanation of what happened to the Ark of the Covenant. In addition, there are several Ethiopian murals which tell how the Ark and the Tablets of the Law were taken to Ethiopia for safekeeping by Prince Menelik I. ..... The Queen of Sheba, his mother, had died and the prince prepared to leave Jerusalem to return twenty-five hundred miles to his native country to become its king.

Prince Menelik bore an uncanny resemblance in beauty and regal bearing to his father. King Solomon wanted to give him a replica of the Ark to take with him to Ethiopia because the long distance would prevent him from ever again worshipping at the temple in Jerusalem.

However Prince Menelik was concerned with the growing apostasy of Israel and the fact that his father, Solomon was now allowing idols to be placed in the Temple to please his pagan wives. King Solomon gave the prince a going-away banquet and after the priests were filled with wine, Menelik and his loyal associates switched arks and left the replica in its place in the Holy of Holies.// (Grant Jeffrey, [page 115, Armageddon, Appointment with Destiny).