The random duplicate posts

I hope this helps identify the issue of the duplicate posts we're seeing around here so often.

I've noticed it happens more frequently when I get a notification while I'm writing a message in the same topic. I've also noticed that when it happens, there is a much higher chance of a duplicate posting if the server goes down.

If had had to guess (in spite of my limited qualifications), it seems that traffic intensity is a part of the issue.

I won't be adding much, if anything, to this, since, as I said, this is not my area of expertise.

Lehi

Edited by LeSellers

The server doesn't go down.  But our system does go through what we call an indexing when it gets full.  Keep in mind that we not only have the forums but also the article side.  We don't have a say when this is scheduled as it does it automatically when needed.  It is during those periods that you start to see more of the log in issues and the duplicate posts.  I would say if you don't see your post in a few seconds, just refresh the page to make sure it got there before hitting submit again.  In these cases it might be best to copy your post so that all you have to do is paste it again.

1 minute ago, pam said:

I would say if you don't see your post in a few seconds, just refresh the page to make sure it got there before hitting submit again.

I don't hit submit twice, it seems to happen on its own.

2 minutes ago, pam said:

it might be best to copy your post so that all you have to do is paste it again.

I use Firefox with the Lazarus add on. It keeps a copy for me, and I don't have to paste anything.

Lehi