Been reading for years. Never posted...until now

seussreader

I've been coming here and reading the forum for about 3.5 years.  I've never signed up for an account until now and this is my first post.

I've enjoyed reading the posts, but felt that I never really had anything worth posting.  In an effort to reach out and change myself and become more socially active, here I am.

I hope to be able to contribute to some of the conversations in the future.

58 minutes ago, seussreader said:

I've been coming here and reading the forum for about 3.5 years.  I've never signed up for an account until now and this is my first post.

I've enjoyed reading the posts, but felt that I never really had anything worth posting.  In an effort to reach out and change myself and become more socially active, here I am.

I hope to be able to contribute to some of the conversations in the future.

Welcome! Welcome! Glad you're here! Posting's not a thing to fear!
Lots of insights come, I bet, from living in the Great Northwet
(Or Laos, or in the land of Brahman, or in Adam-ondi-Ahman).
So join right in and be our sister brother (looks like you're a mister).

P.S.
When Germans to your name give voice,
The syllable up front is "Seuss".

So a little more about myself:

50 yrs old (feel like 30, sometimes act much younger, the kids would agree)
Currently working for a semiconductor company as process technician.
Going to school to change careers.  Will work in physical therapy.  (I finally decided what I want to be when I grow up.)
Married with 4 children (2 boys, 2 girls)
I like to listen to 70's-80's music (don't judge.)
I'm a private person and have a tendency to bury my emotions. (A cause for concern, but one I trying to work on.)

I don't know... what else should I post about myself?

On 4/30/2016 at 2:07 PM, prisonchaplain said:

You definitely have something to post about...a story to tell.  I face mandatory retirement at 57 (too few years away). So, I need to figure out what the Father wants me to do when I grow up too. How did you come to your answer of PT? 

The semiconductor company I was working for said they were going to shut down the plant within 2 years, so I made the decision to go back to school.  I have always had an interest in the healthcare field and back in the day wanted to be an X-ray tech.  My studies back then did not allow me to pursue that desire so I took the semiconductor job.

Jump forward to today and I have only 1 semester left of school.  In the meantime the semiconductor company sold to another company and they are staying in business.  It does allow me to keep working full time while going to school full time.  (You know...insurance and benefits and all that...)

There are other factors in my decision as well...needed change/growth in my life for personal reasons...felt best about this decision after much prayer.