The no topic, topic, thread...

1 hour ago, Godless said:

It actually sounds a lot like some of the (very) early versions of the King Arthur legend, which are known to portray Arthur and Lancelot as lovers. 

Oh my! Did not know that! In a weak moment, don't tell anyone...I bought an enovel, a romance, online called the shoemaker, turned out to be a homosexual romance novel, that's a thing now! Most embarrassing! And of course who can I whine to? No one that I know would dream of reading a romance novel. Canada by the way has one of biggest romance novel companies in the world, Harliquin. 

1 hour ago, Backroads said:

Ask me if I'm ready for summer vacation. Go ahead, ask me.

Okay... I'll ask, are you ready Backroads? I bet you are signed up to teach summer school anyways;)

MY FIRST CONFESSION

I broke the commandment of no alcohol. I'm being baptised this Saturday so today, after the cinema, I had two glasses of alcoholic cider. Funny thing is, I barely ever drank before (the last time I had alcohol before today was during Halloween week) but I just needed to get it out of my system - my last ever drink, seeing as I'll have to be sober after I get baptised.

MY SECOND CONFESSION

I live near the LDS Church, so the bus I get to/from town is the same bus the missionaries get to/from the church. Also, my city is a fairly small city. So whenever I go into the city to hang out with my mates, I end up seeing the missionaries walking around the street trying to preach the word of God. And I always try my best to avoid them. I don't know why but I just feel really bad about seeing them around the place when we don't have meetings - like I'm intruding on their time or something. Does anyone else ever feel like this?

Edited by TilKingdomCome
accidentally revealed name of where I live

1 hour ago, TilKingdomCome said:

MY SECOND CONFESSION

I live near the LDS Church, so the bus I get to/from town is the same bus the missionaries get to/from the church. Also, my city is a fairly small city. So whenever I go into the city to hang out with my mates, I end up seeing the missionaries walking around the street trying to preach the word of God. And I always try my best to avoid them. I don't know why but I just feel really bad about seeing them around the place when we don't have meetings - like I'm intruding on their time or something. Does anyone else ever feel like this?

I'm the opposite... sometimes I find myself stopping on the side of a 4-lane highway to wave to the missionaries riding their bikes on the sidewalk.  Drove my husband nuts.

1 hour ago, NeedleinA said:

Is this why when I ask my kids what they did for the last 2 weeks of school, they say: "We played games, ate popcorn and had long recess all day":D

Yep.

Today we made 3D shapes from paper (I defend this in the name of geometry), colored, and then cleaned out our chair pockets and cubbies in the name of finding the three writing finals I was missing but was really just a step in getting us out of here next week.

MY FIRST CONFESSION

I once stole my brother's James Bond model Aston Martin car with working ejector seat and swivelling number plates and kept it hidden in my room for several weeks before giving it him back. He thought he'd just lost it.   

MY SECOND CONFESSION

One day I was kicking hymn books around the school hall (you know the way you do, when you think there are no teachers about) and I didn't see the deputy headmistress come up behind me. She grabbed me by the back of my collar and shook me quite hard - and this took me so much by surprise that for a second I lost bladder control.

No one ever found out though. I just had to go around with soggy underpants for the rest of that day.

Edited by Jamie123

I love thunderstorms.  Lightning is fabulous, but I love the thunder, especially rolling thunder, rumbling across the sky.  Love it.  Rain is good too, a nice pounding rain, but thunder is better. :D

(Yeah, there's one happening right now here.)

If that theory that there was no rain before the flood is true, then I feel sorry for all those poor people who lived really long lives and never experienced a thunderstorm.

• 1 month later...

My statistical model is insignificant...sob. After I have cuddled it, kissed it, clasped it to my bosum...still refuses to spit out a single publishable result.Now I have to learn about latent variables and plug that into the model. Oh sharper than a serpent's tooth is an ungrateful statistical model. What ever I did that was so dasterderly in the preexistance to be struggling with this thorny dataset, I repent of it now. Where is the Duddlydoright of statistical analysis!  Dudley Do-Right.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dudley_Do-Right

Guest Godless
1 hour ago, Sunday21 said:

My statistical model is insignificant...sob. After I have cuddled it, kissed it, clasped it to my bosum...still refuses to spit out a single publishable result.Now I have to learn about latent variables and plug that into the model. Oh sharper than a serpent's tooth is an ungrateful statistical model. What ever I did that was so dasterderly in the preexistance to be struggling with this thorny dataset, I repent of it now. Where is the Duddlydoright of statistical analysis!  Dudley Do-Right.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dudley_Do-Right

Lol, you sound like my BIL. 

48 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

A man in my ward has a funny spelling for his last name.  But he pronounces it "Do Good".  Guess what his parents named him?  Yup, Dudley.

I visited a ward once where the speaker's name written on the program and announced at the podium was Coco Head.

Not many people know this, but Shari Lewis (the voice and operator of Lamb Chop (sadly no longer with us (Shari Lewis I mean, not Lamb Chop (though Lamb Chop too I suppose now Shari Lewis' hand is no longer around to operate it)))) also co-wrote the Star Trek episode "The Lights of Zetar"

320x240.jpg

MTE5NDg0MDU1MzAxODgzNDA3.jpg

(P.S. Apologies to everyone I may have scarred for life with the information that Lamb Chop was actually Shari Lewis' hand. But you had to learn the truth some time.)

Edited by Jamie123

12 hours ago, Jamie123 said:

Not many people know this, but Shari Lewis (the voice and operator of Lamb Chop (sadly no longer with us (Shari Lewis I mean, not Lamb Chop (though Lamb Chop too I suppose now Shari Lewis' hand is no longer around to operate it)))) also co-wrote the Star Trek episode "The Lights of Zetar"

MTE5NDg0MDU1MzAxODgzNDA3.jpg

Shari Lewis' daughter Mallory Lewis has taken over her mother's job and now works with Lamb Chop. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mallory_Lewis

M.