Pushing Back Against the Transgender Bathroom Directive

2 hours ago, Backroads said:

what's the point of a family taking charge of educating their children if they the parents themselves can't read? Don't you dare, if you can't read, find a way to teach your children to read!

Mrs. Carson, Ben's mom, did it. While it is true that she used the government-run, tax-funded welfare schools, she would have found a way no matter the costs.

Yes, indeed, find a way to teach them to read. But the grtf-welfare schools are rarely a great way to do that: I can teach any hearing child or reasonable intelligence to read in six weeks (and that's a worst case), while most grtf-welfare schools don't do it in 3 years.

Lehi

2 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:
21 hours ago, LeSellers said:

Because government is inherently incapable of providing education. It can't because it operates under the concept of bureaucracy: one size fits all.

Obviously false on it's face.  Exhibits one through 3,300,000: High school graduates last year.  

And, you believe that all high school grads are "educated"?

With functional illiteracy running ~50%, that's laughable.

Lehi

Guest MormonGator
9 hours ago, LeSellers said:

USmericans 

Why do you use USmericans again? 

Not an insult, poke, prod, barb or razz. Just asking 

1 hour ago, LeSellers said:

And, you believe that all high school grads are "educated"?

With functional illiteracy running ~50%, that's laughable.

So again, words mean things.  Heck, let's assume only a third are literate.  Your claim was "inherently incapable", meaning there should be 0%.  And yet there are millions per year. 

Do you want to revise your word usage from "inherently incapable" to something that isn't false on it's face?  

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, pam said:

Personally I don't like it at all.

I don't either. I don't like it when the left makes fun of the name America, nor the right. It's America. 

1 minute ago, MormonGator said:

I don't either. I don't like it when the left makes fun of the name America, nor the right. It's America. 

Or the United States

Guest MormonGator
Just now, pam said:

Or the United States

Yup, A whacky pastor in Chicago called it US of KKKA. That was also offensive and rude. 

5 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Why do you use USmericans again? 

Not an insult, poke, prod, barb or razz. Just asking 

2 minutes ago, pam said:

Personally I don't like it at all.

Whether anyone cares or not, I use it for this reason:

"America" is far more than the united States of America. It runs from Point Barrow to Patagonia. "USmerica" (which, unlike "USA" can be declined, as in adjective, etc.) describes the united States of America without offending Mexicans, Canadians, and Chileans.

Lehi

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, LeSellers said:

"America" is far more than the united States of America. It runs from Point Barrow to Patagonia. "USmerica" (which, unlike "USA" can be declined, as in adjective, etc.) describes the united States of America without offending Mexicans, Canadians, and Chileans.

Lehi

You really aren't so politically correct that you care about offending people, right? Just call it America. We get it, if you were talking about Canada or something, we'd probably get that too. We're pretty smart here.  

Edited by MormonGator

2 minutes ago, LeSellers said:

Lehi

I don't know about anyone else...but whenever I hear the word America I automatically think United States.    

Guest MormonGator
3 minutes ago, pam said:

I don't know about anyone else...but whenever I hear the word America I automatically think United States.    

Most people do. I remember someone saying that a black girl from Canada was "African-American" technically that's correct, but that's also pedantic. She'd more accurately be called "African-Candian", but I think she just went by Heather. 

Edited by MormonGator

3 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

You really aren't so politically correct that you care about offending people, right? Just call it America. 

I'm far from politically correct. And unless the moderators insist, I'll continue to call it USmerica.

2 minutes ago, pam said:

And you're in USmerica, right?

I had a run in with a Mexican (whom I respected a grat deal) who was offended about it. I acceded to his desire to have a different adjective/noun, etc.

Lehi

1 minute ago, LeSellers said:

I'm far from politically correct. And unless the moderators insist, I'll continue to call it USmerica.

And you're in USmerica, right?

I had a run in with a Mexican (whom I respected a grat deal) who was offended about it. I acceded to his desire to have a different adjective/noun, etc.

Lehi

I'm in America.  I'm not in USmerica.

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, pam said:

I'm in America.  I'm not in USmerica.

I have the American flag tatted on my leg. It's in honor of my grandfather who served in WWII fighting for America. I call it the "American Flag". 

The United States or America is a country that I love.  Even with all of its problems and issues.  So I appreciate when it's called by what it's known as.  Just my opinion and my thoughts.  Not some made up name so we don't offend someone.

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, pam said:

The United States or America is a country that I love.  Even with all of its problems and issues.  So I appreciate when it's called by what it's known as.  Just my opinion and my thoughts.  Not some made up name so we don't offend someone.

Ironically by not trying to offend others by calling "USmerica" you might have offended several other people.

2 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Ironically by not trying to offend others by calling "USmerica" you might have offended several other people.

Not offending anyone seems to be impossible these days. The thin-skinned are among us.

Lehi

Edited by LeSellers

Not offending anyone seems to be impossible these days. The thin-skinned are among us.

Lehi

I am soooo far from being thin-skinned. But there are some things that I hold dear and this country is one of them.

Guest MormonGator

Lehji

I'm not offended, really. I find it silly and tactless, but that's just me and I don't expect you to change your behavior because I don't like something. If I start calling you a name other than Lehi, how would you feel? 

2 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

I'm not offended, really. I find it silly and tactless, but that's just me and I don't expect you to change your behavior because I don't like something. If I start calling you a name other than Lehi, how would you feel?

It's been done. I don't care enough to make a stink about it.

Lehi