Mormon habits - Mormon things you do in non-Mormon situations

I was at a trans* support group a while ago - wherein I explained about my baptism and how, while it doesn't change my feelings on gender stuff, it does mean that I'm not going to transition because it's not what God wants. I've been going to that group for around a year now and it's always fun. But today, when I was leaving, I was saying goodbye to one of the people in the group and I actually held out my arm to shake his hand. He looked at me like "WTFudge?" I've never shaken hands with my friends like that before - it's not something anyone really does in Ireland - but because I'm now so used to doing it every time I meet a church member/missionary, it's become a habit!

Do any of you have similar stories, where you do something that's only ever done among fellow church members, but you do it with a non-church member? How did they react?

54 minutes ago, TilKingdomCome said:

I was at a trans* support group a while ago - wherein I explained about my baptism and how, while it doesn't change my feelings on gender stuff, it does mean that I'm not going to transition because it's not what God wants. I've been going to that group for around a year now and it's always fun. But today, when I was leaving, I was saying goodbye to one of the people in the group and I actually held out my arm to shake his hand. He looked at me like "WTFudge?" I've never shaken hands with my friends like that before - it's not something anyone really does in Ireland - but because I'm now so used to doing it every time I meet a church member/missionary, it's become a habit!

Do any of you have similar stories, where you do something that's only ever done among fellow church members, but you do it with a non-church member? How did they react?

I frequently have the urge to open meetings at work with a word of prayer!

1 hour ago, Sunday21 said:

I frequently have the urge to open meetings at work with a word of prayer!

Especially when there are more than two other Saints in the meeting.  The thought popped up in my mind in more than one battalion staff meeting.

Lehi