Church History sites in all 50 states

pam

I love anything to do with history.  I probably should have been a history teacher.  I thought this article was awesome showing church historical sites in all 50 states.  Now I want to check a few of them out.

http://lds.net/blog/life/life-hacks/travel-lesiure/church-history-sites-50-states/

Guest MormonGator
On May 26, 2016 at 9:41 AM, pam said:

I love anything to do with history.  I probably should have been a history teacher.  I thought this article was awesome showing church historical sites in all 50 states.  Now I want to check a few of them out.

http://lds.net/blog/life/life-hacks/travel-lesiure/church-history-sites-50-states/

So are you offering to pay for a road trip? Sweet! 

It is sweet, Gator, but it just so happens that Pam is taking me with her, not you, so you can just remember that.

As to the 50 history sites, some were good but some were a little obscure.

Like, for California I think they might better have used one of the fantastic Temples here or the Mormon Batallion Museum in San Diego.

A few weeks ago I went down to the San Diego Temple (wonderful) and wanted to get to the MBMuseum at the same time, but wasn't able to.  Next time for sure.

dc

Edited by David13

20 minutes ago, David13 said:

Like, for California I think they might better have used one of the fantastic Temples here or the Mormon Batallion Museum in San Diego.

Or the site of the first brick kiln in California, also a Mormon Battalion effort. Or US Highway 50, which followed the Mormon Battalion (them Mormon kids again) path back from Sacramento to Salk Lake City. Or the docking site of the Brooklyn (the ship that left New York on the same day in 1846 the Saints left Nauvoo) in San Francisco harbor. Or Marysville, named after the little "Mormon" girl who survived the Donner Party tragedy. Or Gridley, the site of the first stake outside of Utah after Joseph's martyrdom. Or Governor Boggs of the Extermination Order fame, whose grave does not grow grass (by his request). Or William B. Ide Adobe State Park, home of the first, and only, President of the California Republic, also a "Mormon". Or, well you get the idea.

Lehi

6 hours ago, LeSellers said:

Or Governor Boggs of the Extermination Order fame, whose grave does not grow grass (by his request).

Never seen such healthy green bare dirt.

CdxULWZUAAEFPQO.jpg

Or is this a different Lilburn and Panthea Boggs?  Such common names, after all.

2 hours ago, NightSG said:

Never seen such healthy green bare dirt.

CdxULWZUAAEFPQO.jpg

Or is this a different Lilburn and Panthea Boggs?  Such common names, after all.

It was grass-free according to a Sister Riggs, who is an authority on California Saints, and it was at his request that the grave be kept devegitated.

Twenty-two years can change things, including graves, I suppose.

Lehi

• 1 year later...