The Cube Test - A Japanese Psychology Game

Guest LiterateParakeet

Guest LiterateParakeet

I thought this was fun, and eerily accurate.  (Notice they call it a psychology "game" so don't be a party pooper!  This is just for fun.)   Try and tell us your results.  Was it accurate for you?  

Edited by LiterateParakeet

Guest LiterateParakeet

My cube was knee high, made of plastic.  The wooden ladder was leaning on the cube.  The tame horse was unsaddled and unbridled.  

Here's the scary part...the flowers were too many to count!  Yikes, LOL.  And they surrounded the cube and the ladder.  The storm was far away and only a minor concern.  

How about you? 

Guest LiterateParakeet
21 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

Is the link only available through Facebook?  Or is there a direct site link we can go to?  I don't have a Facebook account.

Good point!  I edited the post and switched to a YouTube link. :) 

@LeSellers, hope the edit helps clarify. 

Well, let's see.

1) The cube started on the ground and I picked it up.  Interpretation: Even when I start grounded, I tend to get ungrounded?  Maybe correct?  Sometimes?

2) The cube is about twice the W, H, & D of a Rubik's cube:  Interpretation: Not a very big ego.  Uhmm.  I don't think so.  Y'all know I've got a big ego. Yeah, yeah.  I'm working on it.

3) It is made of an unknown metal/polymer material which resembles a silvery bronze, but is as hard as tungsten.  So, completely opaque with people.  Not so.  Online, I take some precautions.  But IRL, I'm a WYSIWYG type of guy.

4) Ladder right next to the cube.  Made of steel.  Embedded in the ground and goes up to a platform that isn't there.  Close to friends, but they can't lean on me?  Nope.  The opposite.  I don't speak to my friends often.  But if they need me, I'm there for them.

5) The horse is about 15' away.  It is a thoroughbred Arabian with the mane of a Shetland pony (not the adult Shetland).  It is saddled up with a bridle and the works.  So, I like control in a relationship and I don't like my relationships to be wild.  Hmmm.  Not certain here.  I don't think either criterion applies to how I view relationships -- correctly or incorrectly.

6) A small patch of flowers about a dozen or so.  But this goes with the desert background.  If it were a forest, there'd be countless flowers.  So, I think this is a rigged portion.

7) I see the storm off in the distance.  I figure it will get here when it gets here, best make preparations.  So, I anticipate and prepare?  Yeah, I guess so.

How accurate?  Hit and miss.  That is what we in statistics call a complete load of tripe.

Edited by Guest

Guest LiterateParakeet
30 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

That is what we in statistics call a complete load of tripe.

Party pooper.  :cursing:  This is exactly what I was thinking of when I reminded people that it is called a "GAME".  But I forgive you. :) 

Mixed bag here.  If you wanna write a book about me, I get half the profits.  

Cube is the cube from Hellraiser.  Portal to the netherworld and all that.  Buried halfway in the sand, awaiting the next tormented soul who sought to open it to mine the treasures of that world, only to find themselves damned into eternal torment.  Ladder is sturdy, lying nearby, also half buried in the blowing sand.  Flowers are few, and withered and dead (the desert is inhospitable - no life here).  Which explains why the horse is actually a horse skeleton, neck stretching out towards the flowers, trying to eat them.  

The storm, was a roiling broiling massive sandstorm, like the ones from Frank Herbert's Dune, that can flay the skin off a man's bones.  However, it was brewing off on the horizon, and although I respected it, I knew I would be deep in the sand and safe before the storm came, so there was no fear.

Remember - I get half the profits.

Edited by NeuroTypical

1 hour ago, NeuroTypical said:

Cube is the cube from Hellraiser.  Portal to the netherworld and all that.  Buried halfway in the sand, awaiting the next tormented soul who sought to open it to mine the treasures of that world, only to find themselves damned into eternal torment.  Ladder is sturdy, lying nearby, also half buried in the blowing sand.  Flowers are few, and withered and dead (the desert is inhospitable - no life here).  Which explains why the horse is actually a horse skeleton, neck stretching out towards the flowers, trying to eat them.

You know that line from Nietzche about looking too long into the abyss?  I'm starting to think you are the abyss.  :eek:

And yes, I've run the cube on various women.  It's a pick-up artist favorite for eliminating the need to do a cold read.  Ladies, if you want to mess with a pick up artist, the above answers should have him backing slowly out of the room.

Edited by NightSG

22 hours ago, LiterateParakeet said:

Party pooper.  :cursing:  This is exactly what I was thinking of when I reminded people that it is called a "GAME".  But I forgive you. :) 

That's why I love you so much.  You're quick to forgive.

21 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Cube is the cube from Hellraiser.  Portal to the netherworld and all that.  

I've never seen it.  But I just did a google search. Here's what is interesting.  My cube was based on the horadric cube from Diablo II.

images.png.902f2ed7d4afab38fa16b1f9ce46c

But I remembered it having a more ornate design like:

574dc8ff60afb_download(1).jpg.9aa928b7d2

And I remembered the colors were different.  The brass parts were more silvery with brass tints.  The brown part was almost a black patina.

Here is the Hellraiser cube.download.jpg.e86484f480bc12c95d5d531455c

That's interesting.  I've never seen either of these two later cubes before.  Very interesting.

As for the skeleton horse...  You remember when I thought you were a clone of myself?  You can forget that now.

Edited by Guest

Guest LiterateParakeet
6 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

That's why I love you so much.  You're quick to forgive.

Awww, thanks!  Some people (who have heard my rants about forgiveness, LOL) think I'm not forgiving, but they just misunderstand me.  I'm glad you get me. :D

@NeuroTypical LOL, that was great.  We are seeing a whole new side of you!  

Wow. The cube is just a little bigger than I am, and made of stone. (I don't think I'm an egotistical person, and I'm certainly more transparent than I sometimes wish, so not sure about that part.)

The rest seemed accurate to me. The stone rested on the ground. Wooden ladder leaned against the cube. The horse was un-tethered with no bridle, but standing calmly near the ladder. Four flowers at the base of the cube (I have 5 children, but in 4 pregnancies). The storm was on the horizon, and I'm not afraid of it. I don't mind a good summer thunderstorm. :) They always pass and everything seems prettier after. 

My cube was a solid steel box that came up to about my waist, sitting on the ground.  The wooden ladder was standing off to the side next to a horse just standing there wearing a saddle and some saddlebags.  I had a small handful of desert flowers near the cube.  The storm was distant and a bit comforting.

Guest LiterateParakeet
1 hour ago, Eowyn said:

Wow. The cube is just a little bigger than I am, and made of stone. (I don't think I'm an egotistical person, and I'm certainly more transparent than I sometimes wish, so not sure about that part.)

If it helps, at first I envisioned a cube large enough to be a shelter, then thought, "No." and changed it to the smaller knee high cube before the video started talking about the ladder.  I know I have to work on my pride, but I don't think my ego is big as a house, LOL!

This might have been better if the cube being in a desert hadn't made me think of the movie CUBE where a bunch of people were placed inside a giant cube with a bunch of smaller cubes inside. The entire complex presumably underground. The small cubes were about the size of a room. Some were trapped, others were ok. The small cubes would randomly move around making the maze more difficult.  The large cube was made of presumably reinforced concrete.  The smaller ones were probably plastic and metal. The captives didn't know how or why they were there.  They were trying to find their way out.  That was my cube.  

My ladder was a metal access ladder bolted to an inside wall.

The horse was near the entrance, eating the flowers that I couldn't really tell how many there were or what kind they were because the horse was eating them. The horse was unbridled, but otherwise non-sequitur and irrelevant.

The storm was overhead and I was mostly worried about getting wet.

So apparently I have a huge ego,

I'm grounded to the point of being mostly underground.

I'm inside my friends, or perhaps they're inside me.  One of us is bolted inside the other.  And the bonds are strong.

My horse wasn't tied up and was neither tame nor wild, nor particularly relevant, so perhaps that means that most relationships aren't relevant to me?

The horse was eating my children, which were close to the cube.  Not sure how to interpret that.

The storm was close, so I'm stressed, but it wasn't threatening.

Oh boy. Clearly, I am crazy..but I guessed that! Cube as big as a house! Made of shiny multicoloured wipe-to-clean vinyl in primary colours. Leaning on the cube a well worn ladder, handmade of well-worn wood. A very cubby, low to the ground, and looking extremely pleased with itself and a bit rebellious, Shetland pony with saddle and bridle but these are not attached to anything. The flowers are in the mane of the pony. My friends are my children? Could be! The storm is over head but nothing to worry about and is over quickly. (This gives me hope. My computer model died today!) thanks so much! This was really fun!

That was fun.  My cube was about waist high, made of wood. The latter was leaning against the cube, and was also made of wood.  The flowers were a couple hundred yards away--close, but not invasive of personal identity.  The storm was far off, but frightening.  So, I guess I have a middling ego, that my friends can lean on me, that I'm relatively sturdy, that my few children are close, but do not smother me, and that I have some stress about future events (retirement within 5 years and kids headed towards college/marriage).  Pretty accurate.  :-)

Oh...I forgot to mention...my cube was on the ground completely.  Woo hoo!

Edited by prisonchaplain
add detail

OK.  In the spirit of this "Game" I've got a similar type of thing that I do for parties.

1) You're walking through the forest.  Describe the forest.
2) You're on a road.  Describe the road.
3) You find a cup in the road.  Describe the cup.
4) You see a bear.  Describe it.  Where is it?  What do you do about it?
5) You see a body of water.  Describe it.
6) You see a fence.  Describe the fence.  What's on the other side of the fence?

My cube was made of dark purple metal, maybe a foot square. It was on the ground because gravity. My ladder was made of sticks and twine. At first it was leaning on the cube but then I decided my cube was too small to support a ladder so it lay next to the cube. The horse was just standing there being a horse. He was a naked horse. There were lots of flowers and the storm was right overhead because storms rock.

I think I'm humble and grounded. I am a hermit but do wish I had more close friends. I do like more free relationships without too much control. I love kids. Sure, I suppose I have stress.

I am definitely a party pooper.

My cube was 6" on a side and made of onyx. But if I had thought about it, my cube would surely have been the Companion Cube from Portal. Or maybe the hypercube house from that one short story. My ladder was a 6' wooden stepladder next to the cube, as instructed. The horse was a brown quarterhorse, unsaddled, untethered, unbridled. Just standing there. Like a horse you might eat if you were starving with no other food in sight and the means to butcher at hand. Lots of flowers (not numbered, but lots) growing underneath the horse, with the vague idea that they were nourished by the horse's, um, manure. The storm is on the horizon, and I don't really give a rip about it.

I suppose the kids were approximately right, and I don't have as much of an ego as some think, so maybe the cube's size was not completely off. But the rest was pretty unrelated to my self-assessment. As I said, I'm a party pooper.

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

OK.  In the spirit of this "Game" I've got a similar type of thing that I do for parties.

1) You're walking through the forest.  Describe the forest.
2) You're on a road.  Describe the road.
3) You find a cup in the road.  Describe the cup.
4) You see a bear.  Describe it.  Where is it?  What do you do about it?
5) You see a body of water.  Describe it.
6) You see a fence.  Describe the fence.  What's on the other side of the fence?

1) Tall Ponderosa pines overhead, a stream nearby. Lots of shade, and shade-loving plants, like ferns. 

2) Long country road under big, wide skies, with fields on each side. The fields are being watered with those sprinklers whose pipes are moved on huge wheels.

3) Red solo cup. 

4) Black bear, somewhat in the distance. Maybe even on the other side of the river. If I leave it alone, it will leave me along.

5) A lake at the edge of the forest, with just enough wake to reflect the sunlight as if it's covered in glitter. Sandy beaches with occasional driftwood, begging to be explored. 

5) Wood post fence. The other side has a verdant pasture and some lovely jersey cows. 

1. You are writing a post to put on LDS.net. Describe it.
  2. Someone has just savaged your preferred political candidate. What personal insults spring to mind?
  3. You have been asked to describe the workings of an internal combustion engine in as much detail as you can muster, but without consulting any references. What does your general outline for the lecture look like?
  4. You are talking with your favorite person in the whole wide world, when you suddenly realize that your breath smells absolutely horrible, like chicken poop and dead fish mixed with raw sewage. What measures do you take to continue the conversation?
  5. You're reading a really stupid list of hypotheticals that ask you to come up with some ridiculous answer for each, and the last one is undisguisedly self-referential. How do you respond?