How can you tell if the still small voice is from G-d?

Sunday21

Dear Bros & Sis's,

41WShP3ENeL._SX337_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

You are working late at the office. You hear a still small voice say, "you should go home". Is this voice?

-the HG,- your lazy self,- Satan, trying to disrupt your creative flow.

I have read the book above and it does not offer any useful tools, that at my admittedly novice experience of the gospel, are useful for working out the answer. I am not allowed to fast. I pray but who knows if the answers that I receive are from HF, myself or Satan. How can one know? I have read articles about revelation but although the articles have titles that address the question, the content of the articles do not tell you what to do.

Edited by Sunday21

I do not think there are any always reliable formulas.  I have often explored my thoughts to determine their origin.  I am convinced that most of my thoughts have origin outside of myself.  I have also found that I almost always know the source but very often try to excuse the source or ignore the source – sometimes claiming the thought to be my own.  Thus the problem is not if it is from Satan or the L-rd but more with my willingness to entertain the particular source at any given moment.

The Traveler

4 hours ago, Traveler said:

I do not think there are any always reliable formulas.  I have often explored my thoughts to determine their origin.  I am convinced that most of my thoughts have origin outside of myself.  I have also found that I almost always know the source but very often try to excuse the source or ignore the source – sometimes claiming the thought to be my own.  Thus the problem is not if it is from Satan or the L-rd but more with my willingness to entertain the particular source at any given moment.

The Traveler

Thank you for this insight. I will ponder this.

My thought would be to test it...  Take note how the idea felt when it came and all that and then make a choice to follow or not....

Then pay attention to what happens... when things have past you can then look back with clearer understanding and insights to determine if it was of God or something else...

When you have that information you can then use it as a filter for when another such prompting comes.