Why is marriage so important if Jesus didn't get married

1 hour ago, estradling75 said:

While true it is not the point I am trying to make...

Take someone who is faithfully seeking and trying to learn to discern the spirit of the Lord/revelation... from other sources...

As they are doing this they might get something outside their stewardship and they will need to know how to handle it.  If it is of God, discarding it because it is not under your stewardship is unwise.  God had a reason for giving it to you.   So you wait and ponder it while keeping it to yourself.  It time that "revelation" will bear some kind of fruit that you can clearly judge.  Either it will be confirmed in which case you have a better understanding of how the Lord speaks to you, or it will be proven wrong... in which case you will know what not to listen to.

In neither case is is wise to share.

I can accept this. I think it's a little like talking about what you'd do if God called you as the prophet though. In spite of the fact that what you're suggesting is possible, it's pretty rare, imo.

11 minutes ago, The Folk Prophet said:

I can accept this. I think it's a little like talking about what you'd do if God called you as the prophet though. In spite of the fact that what you're suggesting is possible, it's pretty rare, imo.

You are of course entitled to your opinion...  I am of the opinion that it is not nearly as rare as many might think..

19 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

You are of course entitled to your opinion...  I am of the opinion that it is not nearly as rare as many might think..

Perhaps. Doesn't strike me as an important thing to determine (how rare/not rare it is). We do agree, either way, that it should be kept to oneself.

19 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

Perhaps. Doesn't strike me as an important thing to determine (how rare/not rare it is). We do agree, either way, that it should be kept to oneself.

12 minutes ago, The Folk Prophet said:

The keeping it to one self is a factor that prevents us from gauging how rare it might be, but that is simply the way it must be...  And while how rare or not it is, is unimportant...  Knowing how to handle it if it happens is very important to the individual that might find themselves in that circumstance.  Which leads those who think it is less rare to feel the need to talk about it more.

Edited by estradling75