What does this dream mean and what should I do?

Hello. My name is Anna. I'm 17 years old, and I'm a Mormon. 

So, there's this guy who I have had a crush on for some time and he is currently set to go on a mission in July. (Whenever a guy turns 18 (it used to be 19, but the rules have changed since then), they are given the option to submit their missionary application to Salt Lake City where the three people who are the head of the church and SEVeral other people prayerfully decide where this person is to go to in the world. They can go anywhere except for a few places in the world, and they devote 2 years of their life to preaching and teaching the Gospel.) I've been doing my best not to push him into anything that would prevent him from going on his mission, but he and I have been getting along well. I always catch him smiling and glancing at me whenever I'm around him. ♥️ I'm also planning on writing to him while he's on his mission.

Yesterday, I ran into my crush at church. He and I used to be in the same ward, but after the ward boundary changes, he and I are in different wards, but I've been able to see him through the different church activities. This past year at seminary though, he would always sit next to me, and I really liked sitting next to him. I took him to my school's semi-formal for our first date, and he has 3 jobs now, so he can't set up another date with me. He got me a rose after the semi-formal too as a way to thank me for taking him to the dance. He and I also text from time to time, but our conversations are fairly short. He's a bit of a shy guy too. 

So anyways, last night I had this weird dream. And I know dreams are pretty boring to talk about, but I feel like this was a sign of some kind. I dreamt that my crush had gotten home from his mission, and he randomly shows up. There wasn't a big "Welcome Home!" party or anything. He just came to me. He gives me this long, close hug for what felt like 5 minutes, and it didn't feel awkward at all. It felt like a real hug too, like he was actually there hugging me. He and I talked for a while, and then he had to go do something, but he accidentally left his wallet there. His wallet was made of brown leather, and it was the size of an open pocket wallet (like the kind that you have to fold open so maybe 5 or 6 inches long). I opened it up to see whose wallet it was, and on the inside of the flap, I saw a small beige heart cut out of the wallet, and my first name was written in the small beige heart. I opened the wallet up a little more to try and find some ID or something like that, and I found my crush's full name engraved into the wallet. The last thing I remember doing was sending a picture of the wallet, and asking him if it was his, and then I woke up after that. 

Once I got home today from running errands, I started to crave my crush's hug, but I couldn't call him up and get a hug because as of right now, my crush is in Utah with his family, and he won't be back until roughly 2 weeks before he leaves for his mission. (Plus that would feel awkward to meet up with someone just for a hug). I'm not craving a 5 minute hug from him as mentioned in the dream either. Just a 10 or 15 second hug from him, but I'm not entirely sure how to go about it without seeming awkward. And I know this is an awkward question and all, but what does this dream mean? 

Edited by mt_mck7

Well, it could mean nothing. It could mean a lot.

Nephi asked his brothers, "Have ye inquired of the Lord?"

The same question might apply here. (We hope their answer does not.)

BTW, your post sounds like a copy of something you've posted elsewhere. May we ask where (and possibly why), since it seems that other target audience is unaware of missions and such?

Lehi

Anna,

The fact he's going on a mission should have nothing to do with you wanting or not wanting a hug.  Do whatever you'd normally do if you really want that hug.  You mentioned a "long way" from where he is.  How far is that?  You've got to ask yourself, is that something a sane rational person would do?  Go all that distance to get a hug?

As for the dream, as Lehi said, maybe something, maybe nothing.  I don't see anything about it that would mean that you need to act on anything even if it did mean something.  Just keep it in your heart for now.  If it fades, it fades.

If you still feel the same way in two years, go visit him for his homecoming.  Then have a heart-to-heart.  If marriage is in mind for both of you pursue it then, not now.  Right now, he's got to lock his heart up.  You can lock him into yours if you wish.  But based on statistics alone, you'll probably find someone else in those two years.

4 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Anna,

The fact he's going on a mission should have nothing to do with you wanting or not wanting a hug.  Do whatever you'd normally do if you really want that hug.  You mentioned a "long way" from where he is.  How far is that?  You've got to ask yourself, is that something a sane rational person would do?  Go all that distance to get a hug?

As for the dream, as Lehi said, maybe something, maybe nothing.  I don't see anything about it that would mean that you need to act on anything even if it did mean something.  Just keep it in your heart for now.  If it fades, it fades.

If you still feel the same way in two years, go visit him for his homecoming.  Then have a heart-to-heart.  If marriage is in mind for both of you pursue it then, not now.  Right now, he's got to lock his heart up.  You can lock him into yours if you wish.  But based on statistics alone, you'll probably find someone else in those two years.

Where was it mentioned " a long way " from where he is?

At this point, other than it meaning you have feelings for him and miss him I don't think anybody here can read anything more into your dream than that.  If it isn't a dream that knocks you up the side of the head as an obvious revelation, or if praying to understand it doesn't help then you just have to file it away for future reference and let time show if it meant anything more.  Write it in your journal and go back to it in a couple of years.

I do hope that you and this guy have talked about things.  Don't leave this needlessly ambiguous.  There is nothing wrong with starting a relationship now as long as you both have the mission set as the priority.  If he returns your feelings (and you need to ask him about that, don't assume based on what you describe) then you need to be on the same page for how you are going to deal with the mission.  Do you consider yourself waiting for him, does he want you to wait for him, what does 'waiting' mean to each of you?  Is he OK with you dating others while he is away to see if you can find somebody better?  Is he OK with you having a romance with somebody else while he is away, or would he want you to Dear John him before getting into a romance with another guy?  What are the limits?  Would he feel it would be disloyal f you held hands with another guy?  Kissed another guy? Told another guy you were in love with them. A lack of clarity on these things can cause either one of you a lot of needless emotional pain.

10 hours ago, omegaseamaster75 said:

This looks like a repeat post with a twist. 

Your dream does not mean anything, it was just a dream. There are plenty of fish in the sea move on. Study, get involved in some school activities. 

Most of the backstory was in another post where she was unsure about what to do with her feelings for this guy, but the dream part is new.