How to spend quality time with your kids on a business trip?

donatocarris

You're taking the kids with you to join your husband on his business trips?

What I would do in this situation is to go find the free/cheap stuff in the area (Public Parks, Museums, tour areas, etc.), load the baby onto a baby bjorn (or similar), have the 9-year-old carry packed lunch in a backpack (or similar) and take the kids out to check them all out.  The husband can join when he gets off work.

I had the same question as Anatess - I read your question as he is able to take you and both children with on the trip?   When we were able to go with my husband, we accepted he was there to do business and I was basically on vacation with the 3 children by myself until he was 'free' - at which time he would join us for the activities he could.  A 9 year old and newborn is fairly easy since the 9 year old can do so much themselves and newborns are so portable.  Just consider it a vacation for you and the kids when it's just you and the kids; and a 'family' vacation during the time your husband can join in!  Enjoy!