Preach The Gospel to Every Nation, Kindred, and Tongue!

Mike Tan

I (as well as you) am a child of the Most High God! And it is our duty as enlightened souls of our premortal history and future exaltation to preach to those who know not such things. I am an LDS street preacher, and I desire for ALL men to come unto God and be saved! Jesus called to all his disciples to preach and to exhort and to rebuke in season and out. He commanded his apostles to baptize and to convert. Knowing this, how can we strayKnowing this how can we deny that it is our duty as latter day saints to preach the word and "call them into the house of God"? 

Evangelize in any way you know how! Hearken upon God's word and follow after Him! Preach to the lost! Go into the streets and call them into the house of God! There's only so much the Apostles and Prophet can do! Most haven't even heard of them! We need to take up this commandment and witness to those who pass us by! Grab your Book of Mormon, get some extras from the missionaries and hit the streets! Glorify God and pray without ceasing! Fear not those who can harm the flesh, yet fear him who can destroy both body and soul in Gehenna! Proselytize to everyone! You don't have to be a full-time missionary to preach! Please brethren! The time is near at hand!

Heavenly Father is calling YOU. Will you answer?

Edited by Mike Tan

Missionaries are called and set apart with the necessary keys to do this. Even they rarely to never stand out in the street and yell at people. As member missionaries, we are called on to be good neighbors and share the gospel with people we know.

If you insist on continuing this, I only ask you to stop affiliating yourself with my church. It's embarrassing. :P

3 minutes ago, Mike Tan said:

Mark 16:15

4 minutes ago, Mike Tan said:

Mark 16:15

This scripture doesn't mention about street preaching.  Yes we should all be doing what we can to help spread the gospel.  But that doesn't mean to stand out on the street crying repentance to everyone that walks by.

Noah was a “herald of righteousness” (2 Peter 2:5).

Solomon addressed the entire nation of Israel “with a loud voice” (1 Kings 8:54-56).

Ezra called the people of Israel to repentance as they sat in the “open square” (Ezra 10:9-14).

Ezra read the law of God and explained it to the people of Israel while standing before them (Nehemiah 8:1-8).

Jeremiah stood at the gate of the Lord’s House and “proclaimed” the very words of God (Jeremiah 7:1-3).

Jonah preached on the streets of Nineveh (Jonah 3:1-5).

The prophets of old were hated by the people, because they heralded the word of God at the city gates (Isaiah 5:29; Amos 5:10).

The first street preacher, the first to herald the good news in the open-air, was John the Baptist (Matthew 3:1-2; Mark 1:4; Luke 3:3).

Jesus sat atop a hill and preached the greatest sermon ever preached in the open-air -- the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7).

Jesus’s disciples preached on the streets in many villages (Luke 9:5-7).

Peter preached in the open-air at Solomon’s Portico, after healing the lame beggar (Acts 3:11-26).

Philip preached the gospel to large crowds on the streets of the city of Samaria (Acts 8:6-8).

Paul preached the gospel to the entire city of Antioch. He was viciously heckled, yet all those whom God had appointed to be saved believed the gospel (Acts 13:44-52).

Apollos boldly and publicly refuted the Jews and proclaimed Christ Jesus in Achaia (Acts 18:27-28).

Paul stood before the judiciary of Athens, atop of Mars Hill, and preached to the men of Athens in the open-air (Acts 17:22-34).

6 minutes ago, Eowyn said:

Missionaries are called and set apart with the necessary keys to do this. Even they rarely to never stand out in the street and yell at people. As member missionaries, we are called on to be good neighbors and share the gospel with people we know.

If you insist on continuing this, I only ask you to stop affiliating yourself with my church. It's embarrassing. :P

Embarrassing? Truthfully you know not the prophets of old.

I kind of find it ironic that in this conversation about street preaching, one of the scriptures that was provided was Mosiah 18:20.  Yet if you read the header to this chapter it says:   Alma preaches in private

3 minutes ago, The Folk Prophet said:

According to you, all laws must be thrown away from the Bible and Book of Mormon, and wwe shouldn't preach in streets as Jesus and Paul commanded bjut instead listen to Cecil Samuelson? Nice one. Try again. You're "embarrassing".

5 minutes ago, The Folk Prophet said:
3 minutes ago, pam said:

I kind of find it ironic that in this conversation about street preaching, one of the scriptures that was provided was Mosiah 18:20.  Yet if you read the header to this chapter it says:   Alma preaches in private

That wasn't intended to be a "street preaching" verse. Read the verse and you'll see what I was trying to say: that it is the duty of all priests to preach.

Gospel Extremism

Another sign of spiritual immaturity and sometimes apostasy is when one focuses on certain gospel principles or pursues “gospel hobbies” with excess zeal. Almost any virtue taken to excess can become a vice.

Certain members have wanted to add substantially to various doctrines. An example might be when one advocates additions to the Word of Wisdom that are not authorized by the Brethren and proselytes others to adopt these interpretations. If we turn a health law or any other principle into a form of religious fanaticism, we are looking beyond the mark.

Some who are not authorized want to speak for the Brethren and imply that their message contains the “meat” the Brethren would teach if they were not constrained to teach only the “milk.” Others want to counsel the Brethren and are critical of all teachings that do not comply with their version of what should be taught.

The Lord said regarding important doctrine, “Whosoever declareth more or less than this, the same is not of me” (D&C 10:68) and “That which is more or less than this cometh of evil” (D&C 124:120). We are looking beyond the mark when we elevate any one principle, no matter how worthwhile it may be, to a prominence that lessens our commitment to other equally important principles or when we take a position that is contrary to the teachings of the Brethren.

-Quentin L. Cook

Again. no one here is denying that it is our responsibility to preach the gospel to all who will hear it.  But again as many have already said, there is nothing that talks about street preaching.  We agree with you regarding preaching the gospel.  We are just disagreeing about the street preaching part.

2 minutes ago, The Folk Prophet said:

Gospel Extremism

Another sign of spiritual immaturity and sometimes apostasy is when one focuses on certain gospel principles or pursues “gospel hobbies” with excess zeal. Almost any virtue taken to excess can become a vice.

Certain members have wanted to add substantially to various doctrines. An example might be when one advocates additions to the Word of Wisdom that are not authorized by the Brethren and proselytes others to adopt these interpretations. If we turn a health law or any other principle into a form of religious fanaticism, we are looking beyond the mark.

Some who are not authorized want to speak for the Brethren and imply that their message contains the “meat” the Brethren would teach if they were not constrained to teach only the “milk.” Others want to counsel the Brethren and are critical of all teachings that do not comply with their version of what should be taught.

The Lord said regarding important doctrine, “Whosoever declareth more or less than this, the same is not of me” (D&C 10:68) and “That which is more or less than this cometh of evil” (D&C 124:120). We are looking beyond the mark when we elevate any one principle, no matter how worthwhile it may be, to a prominence that lessens our commitment to other equally important principles or when we take a position that is contrary to the teachings of the Brethren.

-Quentin L. Cook

Good job. You posted something irrelevant. It states that excessive zeal is bad. But Christ taught otherwise in the  Bible and Book of Mormon. Think I'm gonna go with Christ. Sorry, bubba.

4 minutes ago, pam said:

Again. no one here is denying that it is our responsibility to preach the gospel to all who will hear it.  But again as many have already said, there is nothing that talks about street preaching.  We agree with you regarding preaching the gospel.  We are just disagreeing about the street preaching part.

Then you're wrong in your opinion.

• pam locked this topic