How do you feel forgiven?

How do you know when you're finally forgiven of your sins and feel clean? I have mental disabilities so I have a hard time recognizing the Holy Ghost or knowing that I'm forgiven and clean.

1 hour ago, Zarahemla said:

How do you know when you're finally forgiven of your sins and feel clean? I have mental disabilities so I have a hard time recognizing the Holy Ghost or knowing that I'm forgiven and clean.

By how you feel when you forgive others.

The Traveler

Have I asked for forgiveness? Have I stopped whatever it is that I'm repenting of? And if it's something I've been seeing the bishop about, I'd probably add Have I been following his counsel/instructions? If so, then I figure I've been forgiven.

Yea, and as often as my people repent will I forgive them their trespasses against me.

On 7/6/2016 at 3:53 PM, Zarahemla said:

I think the answer posted in Gramps recently might be of help to you. It is a short couple of paragraphs, but worth a read regarding a real "change of heart".

http://askgramps.org/what-is-the-timeline-for-repentance/

This is the second time today I saw a reference to askgramps.  I had known about them, but didn't read, til now.

I think they are helpful.

I think the original question was when do you "feel" clean, and perhaps also feel forgiven.

The hardest part is forgiving yourself.

I think we look for that feeling of release that we get when we forgive someone else.  It doesn't necessarily feel good, but it not longer feels bad, when we truly forgive someone else.

But the most helpful I think is, when the change of heart comes.

Then we feel forgiven and clean.

The change of heart can only come some time after we have followed all the steps toward forgiveness.

dc

On 06/07/2016 at 5:53 PM, Zarahemla said:

I just loved what Traveler said in his reply:

On 06/07/2016 at 7:38 PM, Traveler said:

By how you feel when you forgive others.

The Traveler

Now, recognizing the Holy Ghost is a crucial part of our lives while here on Earth. I would suggest that you study D&C 8 and 9, for example, and ponder upon what the Lord taught through the Prophet Joseph Smith. Please also check other scriptures related to the subject for further understanding.

Each one of us needs to learn how the Spirit of the Lord communicates with us, since He does so in many different ways. For instance, Lehi, in the Book of Mormon, received revelation mostly through dreams. I have found and work on getting better each day on how the Spirit talks to me, so I strongly encourage you to learn yours. Ask Heavenly Father for guidance.