What's Good for the Goose

unixknight

So apparently Clintons' getting off with a gentle slap on the wrist is now setting a precedent for others to be careless with classified E-mails and expect little or no punishment.

Just read the story of Major Jason Brezler.

When I worked as a contractor for the military the penalties were pretty stiff for doing this sort of thing.  I guess it's a new era now.

Edited by unixknight

Okay, this was not a gentle slap on the wrist.

In my opinion, the Republicans showed terrible judgment bringing Comey in for questioning today.  Comey wrapped the thing up in pretty ribbons and handed it to them yet they questioned Comey's competence!  YOU JUST FOUGHT TO BLOW UP YOUR POLITICAL AMMO, FOOLS!

HILARY WAS NEVER GONNA BE INDICTED! 

About Petraeus... guys, Petreaus ADMITTED to WILLFULLY putting classified documents in an unsecured location.  Hilary built a house of cards opting to go for the I'm-an-idiot-and-I-don't-know-it defense instead.  You can bring heavy consequences against incompetence but you can't bring criminal charges against incompetence - otherwise, you'll have to bring charges on the entire government.  But, what you can do is HAMMER THAT INCOMPENTENCE REPEATEDLY UNTIL IT SINKS on the campaign trail.  That's Comey's gift to the Republicans - easy 14-minute juicey sound-bite ready indictment of Hilary's incompetence in the arena of public opinion.  And the Repubs decided to call Comey's competence into question... sigh.  Good thing the Democrats kept insisting Comey is the greatest since slice bread.  The gift can still be salvaged.

You want Hilary indicted?  VOTE TRUMP!

Edited by anatess2

Guest MormonGator
52 minutes ago, unixknight said:

So apparently Clintons' getting off with a gentle slap on the wrist is now setting a precedent for others to be careless with classified E-mails and expect little or no punishment.

Just read the story of Major Jason Brezler.

When I worked as a contractor for the military the penalties were pretty stiff for doing this sort of thing.  I guess it's a new era now.

Amen. It's a national disgrace what is going with Hillary and the FBI. That old saying "Famous But Incompetent" rings true. Ed Snowden-Criminal. General Petraeus-Criminal. Hillary Clinton-running for president and will almost certainly win. 

So depressing. 

6 hours ago, anatess2 said:

About Petraeus... guys, Petreaus ADMITTED to WILLFULLY putting classified documents in an unsecured location.  Hilary built a house of cards opting to go for the I'm-an-idiot-and-I-don't-know-it defense instead. 

Yes Petreaus admitted to it.  But that is the convenient thing left out in this issue. 97% of Federal cases end in a plea bargain. As a defendant, the tactic is always to plead innocence, ignorance, etc, until you know the prosecutor case is stacked.  Then they come in with the heavy.

Plead and we'll reduce your sentence to a lessor charge. If you don't plead, we will come after you with everything we've got and you'll be locked up for a very long time.

Of course he plead guilty!! And so would Hillary if charges were brought against her!!

There is no doubt in my mind that if they came after her like Petreaus, she would plead guilty that she knew what she was doing was wrong. It is beyond reason that a person in her statue who has worked inside government for 20+ years, for her to not know what she was doing.  If she didn't she's dumber than a sack of rocks. Considering she went to Yale, she's not dumb as rocks.  She knew exactly what she was doing.

11 hours ago, yjacket said:

Yes Petreaus admitted to it.  But that is the convenient thing left out in this issue. 97% of Federal cases end in a plea bargain. As a defendant, the tactic is always to plead innocence, ignorance, etc, until you know the prosecutor case is stacked.  Then they come in with the heavy.

Plead and we'll reduce your sentence to a lessor charge. If you don't plead, we will come after you with everything we've got and you'll be locked up for a very long time.

Of course he plead guilty!! And so would Hillary if charges were brought against her!!

There is no doubt in my mind that if they came after her like Petreaus, she would plead guilty that she knew what she was doing was wrong. It is beyond reason that a person in her statue who has worked inside government for 20+ years, for her to not know what she was doing.  If she didn't she's dumber than a sack of rocks. Considering she went to Yale, she's not dumb as rocks.  She knew exactly what she was doing.

That's the thing... Comey said it very succintly - they can't sufficiently bring evidence to prove intent.  Remember, the FBI doesn't bring charges against anybody.  They can only RECOMMEND.  There was NO POSSIBLE WAY the Obama DOJ will "go after her with everything they've got and you'll be locked up for a long time" especially as Comey and his team couldn't find a way around the Teflon.  Comey, therefore, stated it plain and simply - Hilary is a reckless incompetent liar.  Do with it what you will.  And the Republicans screw it all up and instead of sticking with the Trump narrative of incompetence and 2-rule-system they all overplay their hand and appear like Political Witch Hunters.

This DOJ is not going to "go after Hilary".  Not even if hell freezes over.  Instead of fighting that... BURY HER IN THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL.  But then... they're too busy attacking Trump to do anything of the sort.  I love Paul Ryan but sometimes I wish he would just shut up already.

Edited by anatess2

11 hours ago, anatess2 said:

they can't sufficiently bring evidence to prove intent.

Intent is not required in this case.  Hillary's willful stupidity is sufficient to convict her.

Lehi

Guest MormonGator
14 hours ago, Blackmarch said:

problem is when it's the inmates running the asylum.

Amen. Welcome to Clintons America. 

The republicans had this one too. She was easily beatable. But instead, the GOP shot themselves in the foot. Again. 

:: sigh:: 

::another sigh ::

(I think we LDS use the "sigh" expression the way drinkers use the "Bartender, another shot please!" expression) 

Guest MormonGator
2 minutes ago, unixknight said:

I'm still completely stunned that, with a major scandal like this, Clinton is still a viable candidate and isn't being crushed in early polls.

The inmates run the asylum indeed.

What bothers me is how different democrats are from republicans here. Nixon suffered resignations and defections during watergate. How many democrats have admitted they don't want to stand with Clinton ?

2 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

What bothers me is how different democrats are from republicans here. Nixon suffered resignations and defections during watergate. How many democrats have admitted they don't want to stand with Clinton ?

Hate of Trump may be a factor here, but I don't know how much.  A friend of mine was a big Sanders supporter and absolutely excoriated Clinton every time we talked politics.  Now he says he'll vote for her, even though he hates her, because he feels like it's necessary to keep Trump out of office.  I suspect a lot of people feel the same, and Clinton knows that. It's why she doesn't need to do damage control.

Guest MormonGator

Hate of Trump may be a factor here, but I don't know how much.  A friend of mine was a big Sanders supporter and absolutely excoriated Clinton every time we talked politics.  Now he says he'll vote for her, even though he hates her, because he feels like it's necessary to keep Trump out of office.  I suspect a lot of people feel the same, and Clinton knows that. It's why she doesn't need to do damage control.

Absolutely true. It's another staggering reminder that the GOP could have won this and the Trumpers stole it from them. So disturbing. 

Guest MormonGator

"Every nation gets the government it deserves."

-Joseph de Maistre

"Just like the Pied Piper led rats through the streets we dance like marionettes swaying to the symphony of destruction"-Megadeth. 

Guest MormonGator

"Every nation gets the government it deserves."

-Joseph de Maistre

"Just like the Pied Piper led rats through the streets we dance like marionettes swaying to the symphony of destruction"-Megadeth.