Question: On Primary and handing out candy

cdowis

As a mom with kids whom have allergies. I HATE snacks from others period!!! I can't leave ither of my kids in class alone because half our teachers don't show up and my kids are given snacks that not only mess with their bodies but their brains as well. If my one of my kids get dairy or wheat products she starts sluring her speech and looses words. It is REALLY bad. She has EPIC tantrums and will self harm because her skin hurts so bad. The teachers don't see this. But, I always know.... just based on behavior. So, we have to sit in the back of class every week. We have offered to teach just to make sure that nothing is given to our kids. Even tried to talk to our bishop about having nursery snack handed out as the kids are leaving. We were shot down and told we could choose to not bring our kid to nursery. So, we stopped going. One week there were 7 kids in nursery including mine and the teachers handed out 27 packages of fruit snacks to split between them. I let my daughter have one package. So 26 packages between 6 kids. Is CRAZY to me. Then we have sacrament after and all the nursery kids are bouncing off the walls. Well, to many fruit snacks. I get some of you are saying calm down. But once a week my kids getting things they can't have can be days and days of detoxing and for some stuff it is weeks of detoxing before they are back to their normal selves. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2022 at 4:11 PM, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

After reading through this I am now going to increase the times I hand out treats at church.

The first bishop I ever met (a wonderful man, btw) just openly handed me a package of Reese’s Peanut Butter cups at our first meeting. 

To this day I’d still charge a machine gun for that guy.