Male-Female Relationships and "Friendliness"

26 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

If my husband thinks this, this is what I would tell him:

1.)  What's up with that?

Who cares?  I don't! (of course, I'm assuming that what you're doing is normal guy stuff).  That's really all that matters - if the wife is okay with it and the sisters are not telling you or your wife to knock it off... you be you and allow them the freedom to control their own reactions.

Good point.

2.)  Would it be better if I just never spoke with any females other than my family?

And be called out for incestuous desires? AARRRGGGHHH!!! It's just lose-lose all around.

Ok, just kidding.  Treat all the females that you meet like the daughter of God that they are.  That's really all you can do.

Good point.

Guest MormonGator
6 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Individual daughters of God.  Ok.

Yes, daughters or sisters. I personally prefer sisters because "daughter" implies that I have authority over someone, which I most certainly do not have when it comes to interaction with women. Equal all the way, 100% 

2 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Yes, daughters or sisters. I personally prefer sisters because "daughter" implies that I have authority over someone, which I most certainly do not have when it comes to interaction with women. Equal all the way, 100% 

Hang on... not your daughters.  God's daughters.

Guest MormonGator
2 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Hang on... not your daughters.  God's daughters.

Fine, whatever works.   

It's still the terminology though. Just semantics or a matter of personal preference I guess, nothing more. 

2 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Fine, whatever works.   

It's still the terminology though. Just semantics or a matter of personal preference I guess, nothing more. 

Hmm... it is a lot more than semantics... "I am a Child of God... and he has sent me here..."... it's got doctrine tied to it.

Guest MormonGator
5 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Hmm... it is a lot more than semantics... "I am a Child of God... and he has sent me here..."... it's got doctrine tied to it.

Of course. Draw the sword for everything, I forget that sometimes. 

As long as you treat the women/men in your life with respect and as individuals I don't  care what words you use. 

Edited by MormonGator

13 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Of course. Draw the sword for everything, I forget that sometimes. 

As long as you treat the women/men in your life with respect and as individuals I don't  care what words you use. 

Draw the sword... LOL.  I'm just trying to explain to you what I meant.  Being a child of God/treating somebody like a child of God... it goes beyond respect and individualism.  It has a different connotation that is a higher plane than treating as an individual.  It is respect, it is reverence, it is service, it is charity, it is love.  That connotation is what I was getting at.  Lead me, guide me, walk beside me... etc. etc.  Treating them as individuals applies in knowing how best to accomplish that for that specific person which would be different from another person but have the same objective.  Hence, not just an individual... but more importantly, an individual daughter of God.  Make sense?

Yes, yes, yes... po-ta-toes po-tah-toes... ;)

Edited by anatess2

1 hour ago, anatess2 said:

Make sense?

Yes, but so does what @MormonGator is saying.  He was trying to add to the mix, not take away from it (an abbreviated version of all those explanations you added).

Meanwhile, in other news, I'm going to start saying po-tah-to, just because it'll annoy @Carborendum every time he hears it. ... Wait... He'd have to hear it...  That won't work...  Nevermind.  Move along.  Nothing to hear here.

15 hours ago, zil said:

Meanwhile, in other news, I'm going to start saying po-tah-to, just because it'll annoy @Carborendum every time he hears it. ... Wait... He'd have to hear it...  That won't work...  Nevermind.  Move along.  Nothing to hear here.

Hear, hear!

Don't worry Zil.  Everytime you write potato, I'll hear potahto.  Just for you.

17 hours ago, zil said:

Yes, but so does what @MormonGator is saying.  He was trying to add to the mix, not take away from it (an abbreviated version of all those explanations you added).

Buuut... hate to belabor it... Individual is not an abbreviated version of Daughter of God.  But, it's okay, I know wives have to defend their husbands.  :D  Oooooooooooh-wataaaa!

Wait... Aussie's don't say potahto?

Edited by anatess2

4 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Buuut... hate to belabor it... Individual is not an abbreviated version of Daughter of God.  But, it's okay, I know wives have to defend their husbands.  :D  Oooooooooooh-wataaaa!

Wait... Aussie's don't say potahto?

Ozzies say "putighto" .. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2016 at 7:26 AM, Carborendum said:

No, this wasn't race-based either.  They'd seen me in Church earlier that week.  And they saw my face as I came to the room.  It was something about opening my mouth and saying very common things that my wife had no problems with.

Greeting the RS presidency isn't like dealing with the HTs you're tired of; next time put pants on and don't dance to show tunes.

This to me is the perfect example that people will judge you no matter what, it is really too bad! 

It sounds to me like you are just a really outgoing and friendly person! If your wife sees nothing wrong with the way you talk to other women I am sure you are doing nothing wrong. It is too bad that your kindness is seen as something other than it is...we need more open and friendly people in this world! 

On July 31, 2016 at 10:24 PM, Carborendum said:

Most of the regulars here are well aware of how much I love my wife and how happily married I am.  I practically worship her.

But I tend to get the feeling that women believe I'm flirting with them when I'm being friendly or say a kind word.  What's up with that?  I certainly never intend to.  But this similar reaction seems to happen a lot.  Would it be better if I just never spoke with any females other than my family?

Is there any chance at all that your eye contact is too prolonged or too Intense? You might put on the hat of an amateur anthropologist and observe how other men interact with woman. The. Man glances at the woman smiles and then looks away. He may be giving instructions but he is  often no looking at her face. Just a thought!

Edited by Sunday21

On 8/2/2016 at 3:21 AM, MormonGator said:

Two of my best friends are women and I don't know what I'd do without them in my life. 

Zil, I know your not the type who gets jealous, but it seems like you better keep a close eye on the gator. :) Are these two women part of the tribe, or are they hidden extras?

On 8/2/2016 at 3:21 AM, MormonGator said:

Two of my best friends are women and I don't know what I'd do without them in my life. 

Zil, I know your not the type who gets jealous, but it seems like you better keep a close eye on the gator. :) Are these two women part of the tribe, or are they hidden extras?