Swimming

JonnieZ

Though health and fitness does not get a lot of attention, I thought I would talk about swimming. I started about four months ago. What a "revelation"! Growing up in the Sacramento area and we swam all summer. However, I have started lap swimming. I used to suck wind bending over to tie my shoes. Not anymore. Good stuff.

Edited by JonnieZ

Guest MormonGator

Living in Florida I swim all the time too. It's one of the  very, very, very few athletically based things that I am not terrible at. I learned at a young age and my parents always said I could swim before I could walk. 

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I swim too. I think it's very important to have an instructor first, it doesn't to be for too long (I had mine for about 2 months) because there are many tips and tricks that are hard to get by learning alone. I almost felt like I had unlearn first whatever clumsy moves I had used up until that point.  The instructor corrected my mistakes and I found that very useful.