Trump vs. Military? . . . Seriously?

prisonchaplain

3 hours ago, LeSellers said:

Again, I do not like Trump: there are far better candidates out there. But if there is a chance he can keep O'bama II (or Clinton II, however you see it) out of the Oval Office, I'll vote for him in a tight Colorado race. I'll hold my nose and, yes, choose the lesser of two evils — because to do otherwise is to choose the greater of two evils.

Lehi

I don´t understand why you have to vote for one evil if you could simply just tear the rotten house down and rebuild a better one. At least in light with "CLUMP" it would be the more prudent course of action.

30 minutes ago, Hemisphere said:

I don´t understand why you have to vote for one evil if you could simply just tear the rotten house down and rebuild a better one. At least in light with "CLUMP" it would be the more prudent course of action.

Thomas Jefferson wrote, in the Declaration of Independence, "… all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms [of government] to which they are accustomed."

There may soon come a point when only a new revolution will suffice to "right [our]selves", but that time is not yet. I pray it need never come. My prayer, something akin to Mormon's prayer, is without faith in the people. We, as a culture, have become accustomed to taking other people's stuff using government as our agent. We count not a whit the loss of freedom that happens coincidentally, and this is my lament: freedom is the highest political good, and all the support programs in the world cannot supply its want.

Until more of us recognize the II amendment as it was intended, and form, organize, and, in the words of the Document, "regulate" our militia, the politicians will ride rough-shod over us, and we become their tax slaves. Until more of my brothers-in-arms recognize their oath is to "uphold and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic", we're pretty well mired in the same mud hole we've been stuck in since 1916 under Woodrow Wilson, or in the earlier XX with the first Roosevelt . The slime pit has only become deeper and larger, it's quality has not improved in any way.

I must vote for Trump (assuming my vote has a modicum of a chance of changing the outcome of the election in Colorado) because, while he's far from perfect, he's not nearly as evil as Clinton. Like it or no, we're stuck with a choice between the two.

Lehi

Edited by LeSellers

4 minutes ago, LeSellers said:

Thomas Jefferson wrote, in the Declaration of Independence, "… all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms [of government] to which they are accustomed."

There may soon come a point when only a new revolution will suffice to "right [our]selves", but that time is not yet. I pray it need never come. My prayer, something akin to Mormon's prayer, is without faith in the people. We, as a culture, have become accustomed to taking other people's stuff using government as our agent. We count not a whit the loss of freedom that happens coincidentally, and this is my lament: freedom is the highest political good, and all the support programs in the world cannot supply their want.

Until more of us recognize the II amendment as it was intended, and form, organize, and, in the words of the Document, "regulate" our militia, the politicians will ride rough-shod over us, and we become their tax slaves. Until more of my brothers-in-arms recognize their oath is to "uphold and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic", we're pretty well mired in the same mud hole we've been stuck in since 1916 under Woodrow Wilson, or in the earlier XX with the first Roosevelt . The slime pit has only become deeper and larger, it's quality has not improved in any way.

I must vote for Trump (assuming my vote has a modicum of a chance of changing the outcome of the election in Colorado) because, while he's far from perfect, he's not nearly as evil as Clinton. Like it or no, we're stuck with a choice between the two.

Lehi

Amen, I envy you for the second amendment. my fellow countrymen are sadly soft and too content. they murmur and complain but they don´t have enough privations to stand up for themselves. But Berlin, Washington DC is a den of thieves and I hope those fools don´t kick off another war in Europe. That is our greatest concern here. Unfortunately our government is just all too willing to appease anything that your government cooks up.

990289.jpg

11 hours ago, LeSellers said:

Any employer uses those he hires for his own economic purposes. (Well, not Bill "BJ" Clinton: he hires them for, er, other purposes.) He uses their talents, their skills, their abilities. If not, he's a fool.

@LeSellers Are you in third grade?  Knock it off.

Edited by mirkwood

15 hours ago, Godless said:

Binders full of women, perhaps? Sorry, couldn't resist. ?

Well, I think Romney was just using political opportunism and it just came out wrong.  Not that political opportunism is an admirable trait.  But among traits that Trump has, it was small potatoes by comparison.  And, boy, did the media have a field day with that one.

Edited by Guest