Hi Y'all

UtahTexan

I am a fairly new member.  Sorta.

I was baptized in 1983.  I was a college grad with a job when I joined.  I went on my mission in 1984.  I quit my job, sold my things and went on my mission at the age of 24.

After my mission, I went to law school.  In my last year of law school, 1989, I left the church.  I became a very vocal ant-Mormon.

For 26 years, I fought against the Church.  Then, thru a series of amazing miracles, I was rebaptized in 2015.  

I then quit my 6-figure managing attorney position in Texas and, because I believe God wanted me to, I moved to SLC.

In May of this year, my blessings were restored.  I attended the Temple for first time in 29 years.  I am a Gospel Doctrine Teacher.

I love the Church.  I am so glad to be back.

9 minutes ago, UtahTexan said:

Thank you.  Not sure why there are so many of my posts

I don't understand the mechanics of the situation, but it happens frequently.

One of the moderators will delete the unwanted duplicates and poof! It'll be alright.

Lehi

11 minutes ago, UtahTexan said:

I am looking for an LDS discussion board.  The last two I have tried are majority antis......

You're right - many of the others appear faithful on the surface, but aren't underneath.  This is the best one I've found to talk with faithful members.  (Though in fairness, once I found this one, I quit looking for more.)

On August 7, 2016 at 5:58 PM, UtahTexan said:

I am a fairly new member.  Sorta.

I was baptized in 1983.  I was a college grad with a job when I joined.  I went on my mission in 1984.  I quit my job, sold my things and went on my mission at the age of 24.

After my mission, I went to law school.  In my last year of law school, 1989, I left the church.  I became a very vocal ant-Mormon.

For 26 years, I fought against the Church.  Then, thru a series of amazing miracles, I was rebaptized in 2015.  

I then quit my 6-figure managing attorney position in Texas and, because I believe God wanted me to, I moved to SLC.

In May of this year, my blessings were restored.  I attended the Temple for first time in 29 years.  I am a Gospel Doctrine Teacher.

I love the Church.  I am so glad to be back.

Welcome! And thanks for sharing :)